Puppy dies Horrific Death - Not cycling related

Saffa_G

this just sickens me...... lemme have 10 minutes with him :

From : http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/News/0,,2-7-1442_2133044,00.html

Danel Blaauw, Beeld

Delmas - A man tried

to outrun Beeld's photographer on Tuesday after appearing in court

here, charged with cutting off his husky puppy's head with a chain-saw.

Phillip Matthysen, who lives on a small-holding at Sundra, has

provisionally been charged with animal abuse following the gruesome

incident at his home on February 22 this year.

The police said his four-month-old husky had died painfully, apparently because it had killed Matthysen's macaw parrot.

Alex Serate, 31, Matthysen's gardener, allegedly held the husky

down while Matthysen sliced through its head with a petrol-driven

chain-saw.

Neighbours who heard the dog howling and whimpering saw what had happened and called the police.

The husky's carcass had already been buried when police officers arrived at the small-holding.

Leon van Vrede of the Sundra police confirmed the incident. "Two witnesses phoned and reported what had happened."

He said it was apparently not the first time that the dog had caught one of its owner's exotic parrots.

Matthysen and Serate were arrested on February 23, a day after the incident, and both were later freed on bail.

Matthysen and his attorney, Dirk Maree, refused to speak to Beeld.

"Thanks very much, but we haven't yet received a charge sheet. We'll comment after getting it," Maree politely said.

Gustav Schult, the prosecutor, said a formal charge sheet would be

prepared once the court had received a report by a veterinary surgeon.

The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) expressed its disgust at the incident.

Christine Kuch, national spokesperson of the SPCA, said the way in which the dog was murdered, was very worrying.

"This dog was killed in a horrifying manner. The motive seems to have been revenge," she said.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some ideas what should be done to people that do things like that to defenseless animals.. it's not pretty - a grater (or somethings similair), salt and a steal brush...Angry

This is sick. And what makes it worse is my Husky puppy is also 4 months old...

I see it's east rand guys upset here, come on Sundra is only a short drive down the highway, lets go find this scum...Angry - I have a chainsawDead

TNT12007-06-20 01:41:10

I have some ideas what should be done to people that do things like that to defenseless animals.. it's not pretty - a grater (or somethings similair)' date=' salt and a steal brush...Angry[/quote']

know how you feel lulu, but we can't allow ourselves to even contemplate some of the vicious things we would like to do. it'd make us as bad as them 

...it'd make us as bad as them 

Except that we know that being charged with cruelty to animals, this focker probably wont even get a fine...Angry

Hey Kritzie' date=' you got electricity again? [/quote']

Yes dit was nogal moerse lekker om so in LUXURY te camp!!! My vrou het nie gedink dit is snaaks nie!

Did you enjoy the camping, our electricity only went on yesterday afternoon!!

Maybe find out when his next court appearence is and go and protest there with a couple of chainsaws...

Maybe this creature will then think twice before hurting an animal again.