Proposed MTB trail - Golden Harvest park Randburg

garthzga

Extract from Friends of the Golden Harvest park newsletter

We are looking for keen cyclists and mountain biking clubs who can help us with a proposal we want to put to City Parks to create a mountain biking trail on the western side of the Park. Please contact Heather Nice on 011 791 7921 or email fghp@absamail.co.za if you can help.

I think we should get get involved as we always need new venues to ride!!!<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks MichH, I really thought more people would be interested in an oppertunity to further MTBing. Doesnt seem so

I'm from the East Rand, and if this initiative was there i would have jumped at the chance. Perhaps the Rockhoppers, and JMBC guys will be keen.

michH will keep me posted re petitions and stuff. i'm just not experienced enough on mtb to give much constructive help

Will this include the picnic spot behind the old age home? I have no idea what needs to be done but if there is a signing or ride to do, count me in.

I don't really know much about building trails or anything, but I'm good at organising!

We'll see what Heather has to say

Thanks MichH' date=' I really thought more people would be interested in an oppertunity to further MTBing. Doesnt seem so[/quote']

garth, don't get disheartened. sometimes it takes us hubbers a bit long to get onto things (just ask shaunh about the response to one of the coolest mtb comps of later!). keep us up to date.

I think you will find lot's of support for this project, the location is ideal. Personally I don't know much about the organisation side but if you need signatures on petitions or labour to build then let us know, we will be there.

IanJ2007-06-22 00:55:55

And "we" maybe able to give advice at a later stage as soon as we sort out our own little "bike park " attempt !