Power calc formula

A question,

Is there a formula to calculate average watts on a climb if you have the following.

Ave speed

Energy expenditure

Gradient %

Total Distance

total Time

Any of the Boffins out there know how to do this? Maybe someone doing highschool science?

OK, here goes:

x(squared) * y. Then deduct C after multiplying that with the sum of A+B.  Remember to divide Z into the result.  If you then find a good answer. let me know, 'cause I have NO clue what I just said!!!!

Don't think school science covered that detail. I remember something about calculating the power it would take to lift an object a specific height. The formula was something with weight , the time it took and the height. Or may I'm missing the pot completelyLOL

Don't think school science covered that detail. I remember something about calculating the power it would take to lift an object a specific height. The formula was something with weight ' date=' the time it took and the height. Or may I'm missing the pot completelyLOL

[/quote']

You've NEVER had the plot!!!!  How the hell do you want to loose it now?

... but on the other hand ewep' date=' I know that it take much more power to take you up a hill than meLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

[/quote']

But at least I make it to the end of my MSD's (MEDIUM slow distance)!!! Big%20smileWink

The calculator is Brittish, a bit confusing, what is the inches diameter for a normal road wheel?

How many cm in one inch, Kg/Lbs, and km/miles?

... but on the other hand ewep' date=' I know that it take much more power to take you up a hill than meLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

[/quote']

But at least I make it to the end of my MSD's (MEDIUM slow distance)!!! Big%20smileWink

ha, but did you tell that I've been training only for 5 weeks before that...Star

OK, thanks for the replies, what I wanted to check was my ave Watts on the climb on the Kremetart first stage as per the Data from my Polar:

Duration00:15:00
Average Speed 22.0km/h
Distance 5.6 km
Grade %5.0%

Worked out to between 310=320 watts on average

RABUBI, go to www.machinehead-software.co.uk you can download a good software kit from there to let you do power calculations.... Their power calc works on similar algorithms to i-bike... similar variables etc...