Basic DIY Mechanic Course

Trailman

Hi Guys and Girls

<DIV> </DIV>

<DIV>Would anyone be interested in a basic DIY mechanic's course in the Cape Town Area covering the following very basic material?:</DIV>

Hi The Break, I know that this was proposed some time ago so apologies for the query now. I would however be very keen on doing a course like this if they are still run or was this just a once off.

Thanks trailman

Wow this is coming from a long time ago.

Yes, I think we can run a course, but it will have to be early next year. I have two interested people in the Cape Town area. Anyone else interested? I will set a price once I have more interest as it will bring the price down.

Please note that the course material will cover Shimano groupset, but you will learn what is needed to apply it to other makes so long as you get hold of the user manuals from SRAM and Campy.

• 3 months later...

Yes, I think we can run a course, but it will have to be early next year. I have two interested people in the Cape Town area. Anyone else interested? I will set a price once I have more interest as it will bring the price down.

Please note that the course material will cover Shimano groupset, but you will learn what is needed to apply it to other makes so long as you get hold of the user manuals from SRAM and Campy.

Hi the break any follow up on a potential course in CPT.

Thanks trailman

i learnt from these home DIY's to always take your bike to the LBS(much cheaper)

That may be, but it is still good to know the ins and outs of the bicycle and if you ever find yourself where you can't get to a LBS, then you're better off having done the course, than not.

I might also be interested... put me on a pm list if this is going ahead in Cape Town please.

Even after you completed the course, I don't mind staying your "dial a mechanic"!

Just remember ... Beer is still my currency ;)