I have been thinking..............

widget

...............and I know some people may think its a "new experience" for me, but I honestly think one of the big problems with a single entity board like "the hub" is that there is a limit to what one can discuss and this tends to shorten the "lifespan" of the board.

Now I enjoy cycling (thats why I pop in here) but I also enjoy doing other things (as I am sure do many folk here) and post on other boards where relevant, ...............so ...........................what do you fellas think of maybe having a seperate forum, under the Hub banner for a few selected other sports?

Obviously, there are runners here as there are tri-athletes, surely they would make some interesting posts on these events for everybody to enjoy.

It just adds a new dimension to the same old cycling routine here.

It may also entice runners and tri-athletes to come chat about cycling or vice versa and enlarge the board members size.

I dont know much about computers and programmes and maybe its cost inhibitive...........if so, well, okay, but if not whats the worst that can happen, ..............nobody gos there and the admin can shut it down in 6 months.!! 

I dont think it will change the flavour of the Hub, if anything it will entice new blood and maybe make it more interesting to others.

Whats the general opinion.??

I feel the same - I'm a triathlete, so ya, I share the cycling stuff, but then I also do the photograhy thing(as a few others), so ya, I'm not married to cycling, and ya, I don't want to be limited to cycling only. There's only so much cycling to talk about. And thats why there's a chit chat board, for those other sports/hobbies/topics ie pets that comes along. And the running stuff I do on runnersworld. But if someone eg. ask what who's doing on the weekend, I don't wanna get flamed for saying I'm running. thats probarly what Rant and Rave is for - cycling only , chit chat is for non topic stuff. But if it comes up in rant in rave part of another topic, whats wrong with continuing with it. Confused Thats probably why there aren't as many posts as admin etc would like. Any idea how many posts are passed /day/hour!

I would definately vote for it.  The way it's going at the moment, and all the useless posts being posted, some "new blood" would be welcome.

I tried a few months ago to get an tri forrum going on this site and it did not happen :(

I want a list of everyone that can get stuff for cheap. Like for instance "call me for car tyres" or "call me for cheap computer parts" or stuff like that.

What about a flame forum where we can burn other hubbers without being banned?

Is that the only contribution that you can do to the Hub?

No but sometimes there is people here that require burning on an hourly basis. boela2007-06-21 05:23:51

I think cervelo, that serious posts under the chit-chat forum tend to get lost amongst the waffle.

To discuss serious points there needs to be dedication - the chit chat forum is fine for those who want to do just that "chit-chat" - but if a runner wants to discuss say "tHE BOSTON MARATHON" there needs to be a dedicated forum for people who have a genuine interest, otherwise you get posts like "that runners hot" which is irrelevant.!

Anyway, its just a thought, I understand if admin / the members or whoever want to keep it a "single interest board" but personally I think it will revive an interest on the board. 

I think cervelo' date=' that serious posts under the chit-chat forum tend to get lost amongst the waffle.

[/quote']

thats true -- you post something now - and half an hour later its "old"