Help me Decide. MTB

gasant112

What would you choose.... I have the Epic in mind.. if choosen..

Manic20070621_091343_manic_std.jpg

20070621_091402_fluent_es_std1.jpg

Fleunt ES

gasant1122007-06-21 09:17:16

Go for the Fleunt ES. A  dual susser is easier on the body. It also has a 100mm fork as opposed to the 80mm of the Manic. There is only a 1.6kg difference in weight. I haven't done the Epic but I have done a 9 day cycle tour on my dual susser and at the end of the tour I was even using the suspension on tar sections for comfort reasons.

Here is a comparison between the two: 

http://www.stevensbikes.de/2007/index.php?compare=1&lang=en_US&bik_id=160&left_bik_id=160&right_bik_id=154

If you are going to race and try for a top 50 position then get the hardtail.If time is not that important and enjoyment and just finishing is your main aim then get the FS.I prefer a FS bike that can handle 2 water bottles but that is just me.I HATE camelbacks especially if you are going to have it on for 6plus hrs.What prices have you been quoted for both bikes? 

Get the HT, cheaper, less to go wrong, more efficient on the climbs, lighter, etc. As far the epic goes well........ Team Raleigh rode HT's during this years ride and came 7th I think.

RacerX hahaha HT more effiecient on the climbs !!! You are serious ? As far as the EPic goes ....... go and check it out . If you want to torture yourself then sure , get a nice carbon hardtail .

Get the HT' date=' cheaper, less to go wrong, more efficient on the climbs, lighter, etc. As far the epic goes well........ Team Raleigh rode HT's during this years ride and came 7th I think. [/quote']

DS will give you more traction on the climbs, and give you a big smile on your face when going downhill....

If you get paid to ride your bike like Team Raleigh, I would hope that no matter what bike you rode, a top ten position would be in order!!!