Some WTF's...

bikemonster

Is the recession getting to cyclists? I ask because this morning I was briefly behind a guy (B580 or similar) on the 99er who has clearly - and I do mean clearly - fallen on hard times. There comes a time in the life of every pair of cycling nicks when they need to be binned. This guy's shorts had passed that time quite a while ago. Does he not have friends to tell him? Or is he looking to find a new boyfriend?

"Hold you line!" It makes sense to ask this of somebody who is rattling around like a squirrel on a pogo stick. But really, if somebody is not doing wild and crazy darting from side to side, then their line is wherever the **** they choose to ride their bike. If you're behind them, it's your job not to half-wheel them and overlap your front wheel over their rear. Don't yell "Hold your line!" just because you're riding like a zombie with sleep deprivation issues.

And finally, if you're going to drink from your water bottle, just do it. If you're such a wobbler that you need to advertise the fact that you're about to take a drink so everybody can watch out for you, then I don't want you riding anwyhere near me. Take the bottle, drink and put it back. No need to toast the rest of the bunch.

That's all really, as you were.

Like no one warning of raod traffic then hitting the deck and ten stiches and some bone chips later I sit with a broken wheel and no race tomorow

Is the recession getting to cyclists? I ask because this morning I was briefly behind a guy (B580 or similar) on the 99er who has clearly - and I do mean clearly - fallen on hard times. There comes a time in the life of every pair of cycling nicks when they need to be binned. This guy's shorts had passed that time quite a while ago. Does he not have friends to tell him? Or is he looking to find a new boyfriend?

"Hold you line!" It makes sense to ask this of somebody who is rattling around like a squirrel on a pogo stick. But really' date=' if somebody is not doing wild and crazy darting from side to side, then their line is wherever the **** they choose to ride their bike. If you're behind them, it's your job not to half-wheel them and overlap your front wheel over their rear. Don't yell "Hold your line!" just because you're riding like a zombie with sleep deprivation issues.

And finally, if you're going to drink from your water bottle, just do it. If you're such a wobbler that you need to advertise the fact that you're about to take a drink so everybody can watch out for you, then I don't want you riding anwyhere near me. Take the bottle, drink and put it back. No need to toast the rest of the bunch.

That's all really, as you were.[/quote']

Could not agree more!

"Hold you line!" It makes sense to ask this of somebody who is rattling around like a squirrel on a pogo stick. But really' date=' if somebody is not doing wild and crazy darting from side to side, then their line is wherever the **** they choose to ride their bike. If you're behind them, it's your job not to half-wheel them and overlap your front wheel over their rear. Don't yell "Hold your line!" just because you're riding like a zombie with sleep deprivation issues.

smiley36.gif smiley36.gif

totally agree with you there mate!CarbonBoy2010-02-13 12:20:08

The bottle advertising takes the cake. I was once severley crapped on for not showing everybody my bottle.Big%20smile

The bottle advertising takes the cake. I was once severley crapped on for not showing everybody my bottle.Big%20smile

Mmmmmm, maybe it was a collectors piece and the guys in your group are avid bottle collectorsLOLLOLLOL.

In one race I actually took the bottle out of the dudes hand after he "offered" it to me. Should have seen the look on his face. I then cycled next to him for a while and explained my actions to him, and that he need not show that he is going to drink, just get it over and done with. Luckily he accepted it in the way it was done.

yeah. why do they hve to do that whole take bottle out, hold bottle to the left, bring botle to mouth and drink, then rextend back out o the right, then return botle to its holder? 

Like a drill they have been taught to do by numbers.

I will admit to shaking my bottle to mix it before I drink, but I've never done the 'show the whole bunch what juice I packed' routine.

I will admit to shaking my bottle to mix it before I drink' date=' but I've never done the 'show the whole bunch what juice I packed' routine.

[/quote']

Same here

Brilliant post dude. Are you sure you weren't riding with my training group on Saturday? Same situation - right down to the shorts!!

This guy must have a twin up in Jhb!!

smiley4.gif smiley4.gif smiley4.gif

Ever ridden in the elite bunch? There is no space to take out your bottle, You are riding shoulder to shoulder! How bout we all just start using camelbacks, end of problem!