cassette spacers

leet22

I have taken my 10 speed cassette of my Mavix heliums and put it on my mavic Aksiums but when i tighten it it seems as if there is a ring missing as when the lock nut is tight there is still play. Could the free wheel hub be 11 speed and thus need a extra spacer?

Did you fit the spacer that goes against the "flange" of the freewheel hub before the cassette? It is a very thin metal piece. If its not fitted, there is some play. Some wheels needs it, some dont.On my Ksyriums I need one, the Rolf Vectors dont. Wannabe2010-02-13 13:15:07

Did you fit the spacer that goes against the "flange" of the freewheel hub before the cassette? It is a very thin metal piece. If its not fitted' date=' there is some play. Some wheels needs it, some dont.On my Ksyriums I need one, the Rolf Vectors dont. [/quote']

Thx WannabeSmile

Dont have one of those Cry Can u get one at a LBS?

Tried the LBS but non in stockCry Hopefully they might have one during the week. Anyone got a spare one laying around?

Something else to look into is possible freebody bush wear. The Mavic FTS-L and FTS-X freehub is notorius for nylon bush wearing out on the freebody. If this is the case no amount of spacers will fix the problem. Mavic does not sell the bush separate, you have to buy the whole freebody or an after market product. Do a Google and you will find plenty of info on the problem.

PS. I have a spacer if you want.