Ride with Lance....

29pgc10

So I got this e-mail today... and I wonder since it is valued at R180k, those three lucky ones that will get to ride with LA will also get new fancy Trek Madone 6.9 or the hotel is so expensive?

In any event, riding with LA to Hermanus would be more of experience than riding with him at Argus: 40 vs 40k riders.  

Dear <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

If riding alongside Lance Armstrong - legendary US cyclist, cancer survivor and healthy lifestyle champion - is your dream, now is your chance to make it a reality!

Discovery clients have an exclusive chance to win

As a Discovery client, you have an exclusive opportunity to win one of only three tickets to cycle with Lance Armstrong. If you win the prize, you'll join Lance and a peloton of 40 cyclists on a 100km, day-long ride from Cape Town to Hermanus on 10 March 2010.

One ticket is exclusively available to Discovery clients. Discovery will give the remaining two tickets away on air with KFM and 94.7 Highveld Stereo later this month. Listen out for details from 22 February!

Like Discovery, Lance wants to encourage South Africans to lead healthier lives

It's all part of the Discovery Lance for Life Tour, taking place in Cape Town from 9 to 11 March 2010. Lance Armstrong will spend these three days raising awareness and funds for the work of the JAG Foundation, a leading sports and education charity. He'll also be promoting his own Live Strong campaign, which - like Discovery's Vitality wellness programme - encourages people to improve their lives by making healthy lifestyle changes. Like Discovery, Lance is passionate about helping people prevent illness and reap the rewards of healthy living.

The value of the prize is over R180 000

The prize includes return flights to the Mother City and accommodation before the race if you are not a Cape Town resident. The 100 kilometer ride will start in Cape Town and end in Hermanus and then the winner will get to spend the day with Lance and have dinner at the Arabella Hotel & Spa. The total value of this prize is in excess of R180 000.

Please ensure you read the terms and conditions for the competition here. For more information about the competition, go to www.discovery.co.za.

You must be older than 18 years and fit enough to handle the pace!

You must be over the age of 18 and in good physical shape to participate in the cycle peloton. If you do win the prize, but aren't fit enough to use it, you may transfer it to another Discovery client.

So saddle up and enter now!

Terms and conditions apply. Vitality HealthStyle Pty (Ltd) is an authorised financial services provider.

29pgc102010-02-13 12:40:08

There are not many routes from CT to Hermanus.

They may be a lot of peeps in a second peleton.

hey, its a public road.

If you don't win, you can pay a cool R175 000 for the priviledge of riding with him. Charity or not, that is one helova price to pay for a 100km ride.

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Its a really nice ride though, around the coast, come on the money is not going to Lance himself so who cares right.

If you don't win' date=' you can pay a cool R175 000 for the priviledge of riding with him. Charity or not, that is one helova price to pay for a 100km ride.

<SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'"><?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><O:P></O:P></SPAN>
[/quote']

?

PPA must be the organisers thenLOL

but you do get a subscription to Buysaaikling magazine. smiley36.gif

If you don't win' date=' you can pay a cool R175 000 for the priviledge of riding with him. Charity or not, that is one helova price to pay for a 100km ride.

[/quote']

PPA must be the organisers thenLOL

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

ClapClapClapClapClapClap

Its a really nice ride though' date=' around the coast, come on the money is not going to Lance himself so who cares right.[/quote']

I'm not allowed to enter (affiliated with this comp).

He's probably going to have a ring of bodyguard domestiques around him, just so no one gets the opportunity to accidentally switch him.