Deep Section Wheels

Basso

What do u guys think are the best deep section wheels (and best value 4 money)??

Iv'e been looking at zipp 404, cosmics, bora's, fulcrum speed, easton tempest II??

I want to use it for racing, tt and climbing...

I would say Bora's by FAR.........

They are the best by far tooooooooo.....

If you got the cash buy them,you wont be sorry

If you are running campy then consider the Bora's otherwise its Zipp's all the way. Even if you are running campy, I would still consider the Zipp's since they are the finest wheelset I have ever ridden.

Bora's, no contest!

Rode a set of Zipps before smashing them in an accident.

Had them replaced with a set of Bora's. Unbelievably nice.

Campy recently upgraded the Bora's with ceramic bearings, now called Bora Ultra's. So shop around for the previous edition, shops will be keen to get rid of them at a bit more affordable price.

If I had the money it would go to a set of Zipp 404 Clydesdales (because very few other deepsection wheels will carry my weight)... Except maybe Reynolds Stratus DV Cross (yes, the cyclocross rim)...

Need to ask the boss for a raise smileys/smiley11.gifsmileys/smiley5.gif

What about the fulcrum speed? It's the same wheel as the bora ultra, just with another hub and name. It also comes from the same factory.

We weighed it and it's even a few grams lighter than the bora ultra's...

Just a better price!smileys/smiley1.gif

Basso,

What shops in JHB, PTA are stocking the Fulcrums? im in the market for some deep section wheels as well, and i have pretty much decided on the 404's, but i would like to have a look at the others if they are avalaible?

And the Reynolds Stratus DV Cross wheels? who keeps them?

consider the Easton tempest II, very nice wheel at a price more affordable than Bora and jt as light and stiff with a very good hub!!!! I think they the best value for money, next to the cosmics, which are heavier but are Mavic, which speaks for itself

I agree with the eastons II. Same Zipp rim as 404 (light&stiff) with a better hub and more affordable because not as high profile brand as Zipp (but still expensive!). Don't know how much of a diff ceramic bearings make on the bora's..  Boras do look the best tho!

How many of these wheels have weight limits? And what do Bora's cost compared to Zipps or Eastons? Have you considered Lightweights (R20 000.00 odd)?

Basso

Ek het n stel boras en dis die beste maar as jy wil gaan vir die gewig sal ek se hyporon ultra of Lightweights!!!!!!!!!!

smileys/smiley1.gif

Stiffy, everytime I see your name on a post I just see $$$$ signs!!! smileys/smiley36.gif But you're right, Bora's are the stuff, but I'm curious about Zipp 404's and 303's. Zipp 303's sound good, really good if you buy the tubby version. Figures show they are really light. But how would they perform in ordinary flat races, and in crosswinds?

Stiffy' date=' everytime I see your name on a post I just see $$$$ signs!!! Click on image to open in new window But you're right, Bora's are the stuff, but I'm curious about Zipp 404's and 303's. Zipp 303's sound good, really good if you buy the tubby version. Figures show they are really light. But how would they perform in ordinary flat races, and in crosswinds? [/quote']

Before I got my Bora's (thanks to a horrible crash - ask Fatty), I rode a set of Zipp 303 tubby's.

They were a really nice alround wheelset. Not a aero as the 404's or Bora's, but a bit lighter. So a bit better around wheels if you aren't a super strong climber and need all the help you can get to keep up on the climbs.

On the flats and in crosswinds they are a lot easier to handle than anything a bit deeper. Especially if you're a light weight, the 303's would be a really good option. Again, there would also be cheaper wheels around with similar profiles.

But if money's not an object, go for the Bora's! smileys/smiley20.gif

Or if you've got TOO much lying around you can go all the way and buy a set of Lightweights.