Ninety Niner Cyclist participation

capeofstorms

Hi,

Despite a well orgainized event, only half the number of cyclist entered compared to Die Burger.

One would have expected more considering that it was a seeded event. Was the entrance fee to high or was it because the event took place on a Saturday.

It has been brought up in previous threads about the high cost of entering some of these fun rides. I hope the organisers of this event try to minimize the cost of entering this event in futur

The high cost of late entry was absurd. Clearly they intended to discourage late entry

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I entered but never got to ride. Was supposed to be off then work then off and no lift so went MTB in Tokai.Approve

I entered but never got to ride. Was supposed to be off then work then off and no lift so went MTB in Tokai.Approve

And you told me you were working.

Was supposed to be off the got told I need to work then got told dont worry i can take the day off Embarrassed And got a last minute lift to Tokai

Hi' date='

Despite a well orgainized event, only half the number of cyclist entered compared to Die Burger.

Was the entrance fee to high or was it because the event took place on a Saturday.

The high cost of late entry was absurd. Clearly they intended to discourage late entry
[/quote']

Hi Capeofstorms,

you hit the nail on the head, the entry cost, early and late are way to high.

imagine entering a family of 4 what the cost would be. :-(

I am injured so off the bike,  never entered or rode, I was there for support on Vissershok.

I never pre-enter PPA rides, as I may wake up and it is wet or i am NOT in the mood then I wasted money. The amounts I pay extra are far less than what I loose by a late entry.

I entered late (on the morning) because my MTB broke on Friday night meaning plans for a weekend of epic prep was left to the road bike. Decided to ride the 99er with the wife but it cost me the sweet sum of R280 for the late entry!!!

That's steeper then vissershoek!

But it was a very well organised race, lots of marshals, great start/finish venue and the hill-top finish ensured no mass sprint & thus no finish line carnage.

I give it 8/10

The Cobra was just as expensive and not nearly as well organised. What a 'pleasure' competing in the 99'er (aside from Vissershok...wth). From the parking attendance to road-side assistance, goody bags, etc...everything I found really well organised and worth the loot. (Selfs die tannie by die shoots met die baie skril stemmetjie het haar ding goed gedoen LOL) Isn't El Shaddai Christian School sponsor? Then you can understand why it wasn't held on a Sunday. Having said that, discound for families sounds fair.

yip, i didn't enter, primarily cause of the almost 300 bucks for a late entry, that's almost 2 bottles of uncle jack ;)

Was supposed to be off the got told I need to work then got told dont worry i can take the day off Embarrassed And got a last minute lift to Tokai

Do you not have a car?  Half your posts are asking for lifts, and the other half moaning about work.

Do you not have a car?  Half your posts are asking for lifts' date=' and the other half moaning about work.

[/quote']

ClapClapClap

Got to love that Mrs. C.... this guy must he the unluckiest dude in the cycling world - he's continually offered lifts to races / rides then doesn't show because of work.

Has the big C recovered from his win yesterday? I expected him to be at the 3 passes this morning just to rub it in Big%20smile

Clap

Do you not have a car?  Half your posts are asking for lifts' date=' and the other half moaning about work.

[/quote']

ClapClapClap

Got to love that Mrs. C.... this guy must he the unluckiest dude in the cycling world - he's continually offered lifts to races / rides then doesn't show because of work.

Has the big C recovered from his win yesterday? I expected him to be at the 3 passes this morning just to rub it in Big%20smile

Nope I dont have a car, I ride a motorbike and my work does get in the way being a chef.In the last year I have paid over R1500 in race entires only not to do them cause of work.

We get last minute functions or staff dont pitch and then get called in. Ask any chef how their life is. Thursday I was  at work at 5 am and got home at 10:30pm so it does get in the way of cycling a bit.
I thought the Hub was about being a community , I even offered Colonel my bike after he had a crash with his even though I have never met him but  must of been wrong .Wont ask for a lift again.

Nope I dont have a car' date=' I ride a motorbike and my work does get in the way being a chef.In the last year I have paid over R1500 in race entires only not to do them cause of work.

We get last minute functions or staff dont pitch and then get called in. Ask any chef how their life is. Thursday I was  at work at 5 am and got home at 10:30pm so it does get in the way of cycling a bit.

I thought the Hub was about being a community , I even offered Colonel my bike after he had a crash with his even though I have never met him but  must of been wrong .Wont ask for a lift again.

[/quote']

Chill out Leet! We all have work that gets in the way of what we love best. As I said, you are one unlucky dude with the amount of times you can't/don't pitch. But if you ride to races just imagine how strong you'll be!

Nope I dont have a car' date=' I ride a motorbike and my work does get in the way being a chef.In the last year I have paid over R1500 in race entires only not to do them cause of work.

[/quote']

Chill out Leet! We all have work that gets in the way of what we love best. As I said, you are one unlucky dude with the amount of times you can't/don't pitch. But if you ride to races just imagine how strong you'll be!

If i was fit enough I  i wouldSmile

I support the idea of a sliding scale for families.

smiley9.gif For example:

Individual = R100

Individual x 2 from same fam = R75 each

Individual x 3... = R50 x 3.

Guess the issue of identification becomes a technical issue for online entries.

Something's gotta be done though to support families / partners, etc.