A review on my Selle Italia SLR XC saddle...

MJ the Expat

I used to have a Fizik Gobi on my GT. I bought a new Selle Italia SLR XC when the Gobi wasn't looking to good anymore...

My first impression of the SLR XC was: SH!T this thing is HARD!!! But I did a did a 70km at Babbas today with it and I can tell you now: DAMN this thing is SOLID!!!

It was very comfortable. Solid. Everthing that I want in a saddle!

The Gobi gets an 8.5 out of 10.

SLR XC gets a 9.5 out of 10.

Also have both...Fizik in SA and the SLR in Brazil.

SLR XC is very solid and a racing favourite. Each time on my return to SA I cannot believe how the Fizik feels immediately more comfortable, on my return the SLR seems just more XC orientated.

For stage/marathon - Fizik

For XC racing/marathon - SLR

I LOVE my slr xc ! Also had a gobi on my gt, sold it in a few days, hated it !

I like the way you can actually sit on the saddle, the slr is more flat thus more space for the sit bones I guess ?

It's not hard, firm would be a better description.  It has enough padding as to not sit on a plastic shell, but not so soft that it moves around and gets in the way. 

Like the long nose so I can sit forward on climbs, helps allot.  Also like 100g lighter than the gobi, nb for me the weight weenie ;)

I went trhough two selle italia flight gel flow saddles - both cracked on the underside next to a rail.  I weigh 68kg with a fat % of around 9.  So dont think that ws the problem.  Went back to a FSA full carbon saddle.  Sexy as hell and super hard!  Sleel like a race saddle should be and light too.  I think the other Selle Italia saddles are also good

I bought the C2 Gel Flow yesterday at Cyclelab and fitted it to my bike. I haven?t taken it out for a test ride yet, but I hope it was the correct choice. The shop assistant recommended the C2 for my price range. It 255g and it is under the off-road section on the Selle Italia site.

How does the C2 compare to the SLR range?

This is the one I got:

20100214_131158_Untitled.jpg

I dont know how it compares except its got more paddin thus heavier but for you that might work' date=' as for me, I dont like it.  [/quote']

Thanks WW. I am not a racing snake (usually try and finish in the top 30%) so I don?t really mind the extra weight. I have only recently started doing the marathon races so some extra padding is always welcome.

MJ -> My apologies for hijacking your thread.

I dont know how it compares except its got more paddin thus heavier but for you that might work' date=' as for me, I dont like it.  [/quote']

Thanks WW. I am not a racing snake (usually try and finish in the top 30%) so I don?t really mind the extra weight. I have only recently started doing the marathon races so some extra padding is always welcome.
MJ -> My apologies for hijacking your thread.

Highjack ahead...