• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Number of entrants

3 Day Tour - 346km : 24
82km Fun Race : 9

Entries sofar. according to supercycling online entries should have closed yesterday, bit still open....

It is a case of once bitten twice shy methinks. The area venue and race has all the possibilities in various combinations to offer a wide range of cycling. It just have to be done in a new way so cyclists can forget the  mistakes made by previous organisers.

And Christie, the Panorama has a track record for great organization.  This year was the same, even though they lost the main sponsor!

Ek dink TT se grootste downfall is wat nou gebeur, word of mouth!  Over priced, en dan die ou track record.  Die organiseerders moet eintlik op kom en kom lees!

So if Reality events have got great orginization as well, then the price of R900 and something is not so bad?

This was only Panorama's second year, so it is not as if they are 94.7 either.

Christie, I should think so.  The pricing is not that bad!  But as I said, the previous TT was a balls-up.  And that is what most cyclists look at.  E.g. although we didn't get our bags, I will def be at the Panorama next year.  After the Kremetart this is the best organised and supported (locals helping out) race.

If Reality gets the TT to that level I'll most probably do the TT as well next year (ok, suffer the TT)

The recent Midvaal tour was R750. The conclusion I come to is that tours are getting expensive. I would think that R150 per stage would be fair.

The Tzaneen guys have got their prize money a bit skew (the 60+ ladies winner getting the same as the 1st elite), and grouping the 40-49 vets with the 30-39 vets does not help either. Plus they have got a bad rep to get rid of, so perhaps R500 to R600 would have been a better price. Easily done if they offered less prize money for the old people (like me).

Hehehe, OUKEI!!!  Look the prize money doesn't even NEARLY apply to me.  So I would agree with the R500 to R600 thing!