The Argus Cycle Tour: Total Ascent?

Bianchisti

The attached map shows total climbing of 1570m for the Argus route. I've seen 938m on Mapmyride Is there any consensus on this question?

methinks/hopes much faster. Do not know we everything was so slow saturday. Weather was good and lekker route. Compare the winning times.

I actually thought the 94.7 was tougher than the Argus :oops:

How do I now explain being slower over 94.7 than I am over 110

I actually thought the 94.7 was tougher than the Argus...How do I now explain being slower over 94.7 than I am over 110

High altitude?

• grin •

Edited by ' Dale

High altitude?

• grin •

True dat! Was the missus' first real visit to Jorzi! All she wanted to do for the first 3 days was sleep. Ran out of gas quite early.

Edited by TMobile

• 2 weeks later...

So, what's the final verdict?

How much climbing will 35 000 plus riders do in a few weeks?

Or will it take two years, aka Contador's court case, to get the right answer out of you bunch?

:w00t:

Edited by ' Dale

So, what's the final verdict?

How much climbing will 35 000 plus riders do in a few weeks?

Or will it take two years, aka Contador's court case, to get the right answer out of you bunch?

:w00t:

ergh.. my garmin shows 1016 for last years argus.. seems everyone has a different reading...

I will tell you on Saturday after the training ride :-) I got just over 1200m last time we did the route and over 1300m for the new 99er

94.7 measured on Garmin 705

2010 - 1237m

2011 - 1248m

My Garmin Edge500 showed 1,228m for 2011 94.7...so agree with Ikonic's versions!! :thumbup: .....regardless what Argus total climbing is....I say....BRING IT ON!!! :w00t:

Edited by Gerhardc

My Garmin Edge500 showed 1,228m for 2011 94.7...so agree with Ikonic's versions!! :thumbup: .....regardless what Argus total climbing is....I say....BRING IT ON!!! :w00t:

I have 1250 for the 2011 94.7......