which Lights.... any suggestions?

L.T.G

If this topic has been covered before, apologies for not finding it.

I want a decent light for night riding,

...night riding that'll happen less then ten times a year, so i don't need the super best of the best, just something that'll work  decently , like for the Nandos Magalies night stage for eg.

what can you guys recommend?

If this topic has been covered before' date=' apologies for not finding it.I want a decent light for night riding, ...night riding that'll happen less then ten times a year, so i don't need the super best of the best, just something that'll work? decently , like for the Nandos Magalies night stage for eg.what can you guys recommend?

[/quote']

I have 2 suggestions for you:

1. A Magiclight bike light for R1400 incl. overnight shipping

OR

2. A Magiclight flashlight which comes with a handlebar mount. I will sell this for R900 including an extra battery. Overnight shipping also included in this offer.

Both of these lights have a SSC P7 LED, they put out about 600 Lumens (very bright), they include Lithium Ion rechargeable batteries, they come packaged in a neat box, and you won't find anything better in terms of value for money.

The downside of option 1 is that I don't have stock right now, expecting more in about 2 - 3 weeks time.

The main downside of option 2 is that the runtime is somewhat limited on the highest setting (40 min), but on low you will get up to 3,5 hours. The lowest mode is still brighter than most lights in this price range.

Seeing as you will not be using it very often on the bike, perhaps the flashlight will be suitable for your needs. Its a really awesome flashlight on its own.

Most of the info you need is on my website and there are several threads on here discussing the Magiclights in depth. But feel free to ask right here if you have any more questions.