I hate Yeti

zeepee

ASR 5 - trail bike 5 inches of travel and 120 mm fork - very different to ASR

So .75 inches less travel than the 575?? Will this bike be even more overpriced than the others? Why didn't they call it the 5 as the ASR is an XC bike isn't it? I thought this thread was for people who don't like Yetis?

Ok, being a roady, i did not even know that Yeti bikes exist.

So naturally, i click on the link, wondering to myself what a mythical snowman did to you to make you hate him.

So i guess its true, you do learn something everyday!

20100217_015734_matterhorn_yeti.jpg

ASR 5 - trail bike 5 inches of travel and 120 mm fork - very different to ASR

?

So .75 inches less travel than the 575?? Will this bike be even more overpriced than the others? Why didn't they call it the 5 as the ASR is an XC bike isn't it? I thought this thread was for people who don't like Yetis?

ASR is the name for the suspension design they use, like meastro for giant or fsr for specialized. i dont know what they charge for them in south africa, but here in the uk they are better value than most of the other flagship, "made in the usa" brands. cheaper than intense, turner, even cheaper than giant and spesh if you look at frame sets.