How much kcal / calories / day do you consume

ASTANA

HI

looking at kcal consumption per day.

1 kcal = 4.2 kJ  (rough estimate)

I know endurance athletes should take in more etc etc. Got a meal plan a long time back from a nutritionist for aprox 10 000 kJ with works out on 2381 kcal per day.

Thats calculating - morning excersice expenditure (gym and or swimming/running) - work (inactive state LOL) and excersice after work (Cycling 2hours +)

Looking at your meal plan/ consumption per day - how much do you work on ?

Just a rough estimate please. Big%20smile

ASTANA2010-02-15 07:54:29

HI

1 kJ = 4.2 kcal  (rough estimate)

I know endurance athletes should take in more etc etc. Got a meal plan a long time back from a nutritionist for aprox 10 000 kJ with works out on 2381 kcal per day.

Thats calculating - morning excersice expenditure (gym and or swimming/running) - work (inactive state LOL) and excersice after work (Cycling 2hours +)

It's the other way round

1 kcal = 4.1868 kJ

HI

1 kJ = 4.2 kcal  (rough estimate)

It's the other way round

1 kcal = 4.1868 kJ

Thanx - typing error there. Fixed it

Rough estimate:

BFast: Muesli + milk = 2500 kj

Snack: Yogurt + nuts + apple + whey protein = 1200kj

Lunch: Veggies + salad + fruit = 1700kj

Snack: rusk + fruit + nuts = 900kj

Post exercise snack: 1000kj

Supper: Veggies + chicken/beef = 1800kj

Snack: Rusk + leftover supper = 700kj

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Milk for coffee: 500ml = 1400kj

Chocolate + sweets = 1000kj or more

Total = 12200kj

Think this is the minimum I would get in.

Rough estimate:

BFast: Muesli + milk = 2500 kj

Snack: Yogurt + nuts + apple + whey protein = 1200kj

Lunch: Veggies + salad + fruit = 1700kj

Snack: rusk + fruit + nuts = 900kj

Post exercise snack: 1000kj

Supper: Veggies + chicken/beef = 1800kj

Snack: Rusk + leftover supper = 700kj

Chocolate + sweets = 1000kj or more

Total = 12200kj

Think this is the minimum I would get in.

ok cool. Just out of interest what is you length and weight.

ASTANA2010-02-15 08:32:32

I am 71kg and consume 3100kCal per day when I am riding 3-4 hours a day including 3 hard sessions and a race, with a weight loss of about 500g per week so your figures don't look abnormal.

Rough estimate:

ok cool. Just out of interest what is you length and weight.

Geez!!! How much coffee do you drink????Shocked

I am 71kg and consume 3100kCal per day when I am riding 3-4 hours a day including 3 hard sessions and a race' date=' with a weight loss of about 500g per week so your figures don't look abnormal.[/quote']

That looks on par with mine. I cant do 3-4 hours a day so have to eat less then.

Cool. thanx for the feedback. i need to loose 4 kg to my lean weight, So need to eat a bit less than I need and just riding minimal, slowly building it up.

where do you get the calorie content info? would like to calculate mine aswell

Its on nearly all food packaging. Fruit and other things you can find on the web, just search for "caloric value of food groups".

I would seriously recommend the R600-800 buck visit to a nutritionist who has a good track record with athletes (preferably professional athletes) as they will give you a diet that is actually suited to sports people.

Most nutritionisits outside of the sporting arena have very little "begrip" as to just how much an athlete on a better than average level needs to eat. They just look at your weight, apply a sliding scale and print out a generic diet.

My last one gave me the exact same meal plan she gave to my mother who is unfortunately not well as she has sever arthritis. I ate as much as she did and would have lost 3kg per week on her diet. Let's just say I received my money back within one day of getting my diet even after I had given her my powertap kCal values for the past 3 months. I didn't even eat enough to do my rides.

Its on nearly all food packaging. Fruit and other things you can find on the web' date=' just search for "caloric value of food groups".

I would seriously recommend the R600-800 buck visit to a nutritionist who has a good track record with athletes (preferably professional athletes) as they will give you a diet that is actually suited to sports people.

Most nutritionisits outside of the sporting arena have very little "begrip" as to just how much an athlete on a better than average level needs to eat. They just look at your weight, apply a sliding scale and print out a generic diet.

My last one gave me the exact same meal plan she gave to my mother who is unfortunately not well as she has sever arthritis. I ate as much as she did and would have lost 3kg per week on her diet. Let's just say I received my money back within one day of getting my diet even after I had given her my powertap kCal values for the past 3 months. I didn't even eat enough to do my rides.
[/quote']

do you know of a good nutritionist in Stellenbosch area.

On all processed stuff you have the estimated nutrition value.

Use the kJ (kilo joules) and convert to kcal using the above conversion.

Obviously not everything is good to eat so thry and eat healthy and use those kcal.

The stuff you eat raw / fresh covert to kcal using the internet to browse.

I use grams (g) and convert that to kcal according to the web info.

Its not rock solid - but its a rough estimate, so I can at leat see when I'm doing to little or eating too light etc.

it also help you just to focus on not eating crap food.

Want to run this test for a week or more just to know how much of what I'm consuming.

Stick to the basics. Fresh is better, lots of H20. No sweets. Minimal or no coffee.

Its on nearly all food packaging. Fruit and other things you can find on the web' date=' just search for "caloric value of food groups".

[/quote']

Marilette Malherbe, 082 954 3024. She is brilliant and works with a number of Pros from all different sports. She rides herself. Tell her Doug said to give her a call and she will sort you out with a great cycling program. She really makes it specific to you. It is not generic at all.

[/quote']

I got one, will PM you the number tomorrow. Don't have it with me now.

obviously better to let them do it for you.

Just easier if you have some sort of idea what is what.

how did your mealplan look ? was it indicated in grams or portion sizes etc ?

The hard part is to make the food they want you to eat. The makeshift stuff I eat become really boring after a few days. Dead

What snacks do you eat during the day ?