Seweweekspoort vs Karoo 2 Coast

SURFER

I have done the K2C in 2009.  Had a lot of fun.

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

How does the Seweweekspoort compare to the K2C

-          difficulty

-          scenery

Can't believe that 7Weeks is close to being as difficult as K2C (have not done K2C, but 7Weeks is like a road race on gravel, mostly).  Stunning scenery through the Poort. HomerSimpson2010-02-15 08:22:20

Done both.

Problem is that I did K2C in a heat wave (2000 or 2001) and I was very unfit at the time and suffered. Did 7weekspoort last year, was well prepared and found it a fairly easy ride.

Will say that you need to be  beter prepared for K2C, 30km longer and longer climbs. 7weeks has a climb or two, but not serious at all.

yes, want to ride 7 weeks.  trying to determine how hard to train. K2C is also road race on gravel, not to difficult

Mr Legs

do you know of nice accomodation to stay at 7 weeks. 

lots of nice places in Calitzdorp, just down the road.

When is the race ?

Mr Legs

do you know of nice accomodation to stay at 7 weeks.   K2C is it mission

Plenty of nice places to stay in Ladismith and surrounds. 

I haven't done the 7 weekspoort race, but rode it on my own. Nice constant climb all the way to the turnaround, I think about 800 - 900m. Coming back is done at breakneck speed, I didn't know my Mtb could go that fast.

race is in October. 

Ah' date=' lots of time to train thenTongue

I haven't done the 7 weekspoort race, but rode it on my own. Nice constant climb all the way to the turnaround, I think about 800 - 900m. Coming back is done at breakneck speed, I didn't know my Mtb could go that fast.

I am doing it at end of April. Going down fro 10 days to do some riding in the Klein Karoo ClapClap

I can't wait. Should I take a dual Susser or HT ?

Mr Legs

do you know of nice accomodation to stay at 7 weeks.   K2C is it mission

Surfer

We stayed in a barn about 4k's from the start. One of my buddies arranged the accommodation. Slight hi jack: We were six, three had pasta and went to bed at 10pm. The other 3, myself included, had some whiskey and a braai and got to bed after midnight. Who won? The meat eaters by 20 minutes! 

Mr Legs

I had the same challenge at the K2C.  Decided no red wine the night before.  Well after a bottle of red, some beers and pasta, I went to bed at 12h00.  Luckily I was fit and the race was fun .

Do you have a tel. for the barn.  Is it a nice place to stay.

Mr Legs

I had the same challenge at the K2C.  Decided no red wine the night before.  Well after a bottle of red' date=' some beers and pasta, I went to bed at 12h00.  Luckily I was fit and the race was fun .

Do you have a tel. for the barn.  Is it a nice place to stay.
[/quote']

Basic dorm type rooms above the bar, backpacker style kitchen, hot shower, nice place to stay if you are a backpacker or single traveler intending to explore the area, not for family holiday though.

Below is a vrot piccie from my cell phone.

20100216_024510_17102009241.jpg