License check

steve

Yesterday at Cycle Lab  I entered the MTB race at Muldersdrift and had to provide proof of club membership license etc - they even had checked on a computer.

I didn't have proof and wasn't on the computer (not even for last year when I paid for a license!!) so I had to fork out R30.00 for a temporary.

It is the first time I've ever had this and I think its about time CSA/Central Gauteng did this.

Well done!!!

So Steve, you will only be allowed another temporary for this year. You had better join a club and get your license wont you!!!!?????

Hendrik - I do belong to a club, but ............... well its a sort of short long story, but I said "nah, I don't need a license."

Last year I belonged to a different club, paid for a license and never got it.

Jules - I believe if CSA sanction a race standards will improve, regulations/guidelines etc will be adhered to and everything will improve. I do think one should be able to buy a license at Cycle Lab or wherever one does a number collection or maybe even on line.

The least we as cyclist can do is buy a license and then, and only then, do we have a right to crticize CSA or any other body like Central Gauteng.

They did not check me and I did not have to pay anything. When I asked about it they said they let it go for now.

Wonder of 94.7, Amashova, OFM classic en Argus hierdie lisensie ding nou gaan toepas?

Ek het so paar weke terug 'n posting oor dieselfde ding gehad en toe was daar nog baie onsekerheid of die race organizers did gaan toepas

Weet enige iemand wat die besluit nou is?

In KZN you nee a licence for any road race that you enter, if you don't have one you pay R30 for a temp licence.Amashova and 94.7 have implemented it.If you can't show a licence at registration you will have to purchase a temp licence.

Wonder of 94.7' date=' Amashova, OFM classic en Argus hierdie lisensie ding nou gaan toepas?

Ek het so paar weke terug 'n posting oor dieselfde ding gehad en toe was daar nog baie onsekerheid of die race organizers did gaan toepas

Weet enige iemand wat die besluit nou is?

[/quote']

Mmmm, sal ook graag wil weet. Vra jy die mense wat veronderstel is om te weet, is die antwoord net, Gauteng Noord het nog nie 'n besluit geneem nie.  En intussen moet ons maar vir die gelag betaal.

I will demand my entry fee back ' date=' pack my bikes and family and go back home ![/quote'] ................... why?

Because :

1. They first sold me the entry without checking that I qualify to race .

2. The cycling bodies still did not give me a reason to lisence

3. I won't miss them and they will not miss me .