Barloworld @ TDF

Jason

So does anyone know who the team is yet? I'm hoping John-Lee gets the nod but they may see him as a little to young with little experience. Andy Schleck is only a year older than John-Lee so there may be hope Thumbs%20Up

So far it's:
Robert Hunter
Alex Efimkin
Geraint Thomas
Felix Cardenas
Mauricio Soler
Italian Fabrizio

...and this was announced on the 5th June. They said they'd announce the other riders the week after this date. That date is long gone and still no final team announcement.
Jason2007-06-23 11:45:21

Maybe he is a bit young. But he performed well this last couple of months compared to his team mates.

I sure hope John-Lee is in the team. He is one of SA's most talented cyclists. But even if he starts I don't think they will let him do the whole Tour.

Geraint is the same age as John-lee, actually, but I spoke to his brother the other day, and John-lee definitely won't ride the Tour this year.

He said it's just because he's still too young. I reckon they don't wanna risk burning him out - he still has his entire career ahead of him.

I see there is a Vladimir Efimkin leading the TDS. Brother of Alexander?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/jun07/suisse07/suisse078/8.jpg

Twin brother of Alexander Efimkin. He rode for Barloworld before they signed Alexander, but then moved on to Caisse.

Jissie Phen jy ken ook maar almal se broer's se sussies se ma's en pa's... Se my gou, Valverde, kan jy by sy broer uitvind of hy nog ook sharp vir die TDF is? Tongue

Ek moet hardloop, het n braai aan die gaan met Ryan Cox se PA, hulle het oorgeslaap en ons het vroeg van oggend n paar laps by Suikerbosrand gedoen... Lakker dag mense Smile