What is the hardest of these races

Wayne Potgieter

What is the hardest of these ROAD races?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What is the hardest of these ROAD races?

• Argus
    • Dome to Dome
    • Emperors Classic
    • The Fast One
    • Carnival Macsteel
    • Ride for Sight

Race for Victory is the toughest of them all.

Wayne, the Argus is only tough because you might have the elements against you and Suikerbossie just before you are done. Otherwise it is quite easy. Don't let anybody tell you Chapman's is tough, it is not.

Race for Victory is the toughest of them all.

Wayne' date=' the Argus is only tough because you might have the elements against you and Suikerbossie just before you are done. Otherwise it is quite easy. Don't let anybody tell you Chapman's is tough, it is not.[/quote']

Parra, Edinburgh is tough, legs are not warm yet and then that climb.  Smitswinkel and Chappies are a drag.  Suikerbossie has a way of getting a little long.

Emperors, RFS, Fast One and Carnival i class as easy rides to boost your national seedings, toughest for me was 94.7 then Argus (Boyes Dr) then D2D. Not listed is R4V, which on the old route and distance i found the hardest.

None of them are hard, thats reserved for Barberton or Sabie MTB!!

(I wonder if I'll be shot before my 2minute noodles are ready LOL)

Emperors' date=' RFS, Fast One and Carnival i class as easy rides to boost your national seedings, toughest for me was 94.7 then Argus (Boyes Dr) then D2D. Not listed is R4V, which on the old route and distance i found the hardest. [/quote']

Eish.. can't wait for them to update the national seeding with those that you classified as easy... cause I kinda sucked in the 94.7 but done a bit better with these easyier ones.. first year I am riding so still trying to build a better index

From the choices we have here it has to be last years "new" 94.7 route. It used to be the D2D but the new shorter route is not that bad. Agree with MuXmAn. The toughest is the Panorama Tour, then the Jock and my nr 3 is the Kremetart.

None of them are hard' date=' thats reserved for Barberton or Sabie MTB!!

[/quote']

Sabie is going to hurt! I have had flu for the last 2 weeks and have not touched the bike. Ouch

None of them are hard' date=' thats reserved for Barberton or Sabie MTB!!

[/quote']

Sabie is going to hurt! I have had flu for the last 2 weeks and have not touched the bike. Ouch

Not good man, not good!  Ive been snotty since Babbas on Sunday, but must get back on the bike this afternoon, only have this week left to train, next week active rest, and that saturday is going to be a world of pain!! LOL

AS somebody already said not one of them are really tough . But then it also depends on how and on what you do them . On a MTB anyone of them can be tough .

The Graskop Hillclimb champs in June/July is also pretty tough, it might even slot in under the Panorama and above the Jock ?

Found the 94.7 route tough on my second lap when the sun and wind came out to play. Don't forget the Telkom Satellite Challenge with Hekpoort.

The new Jock route is tough. Look forward to doing the Panorama Tour if I have the time.