Looking after your A$$ on multi stage events

Tieffels

To all the Epic and Freedom Challenge veterans out there: <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

What is the best way to keep your undercarriage happy post ride? I know the deal about showering and chamois cream/speensalf and what not, but are there any other lotions and potions that helps during the recovery phase?

Thanks

Okay here goes...

For a month or so before the event, rub some Methylated spirits (the purple stuff or die blou trein) on your nether regions twice a day.

This makes the skin lekker tough...

At the event - do the same( it cleans everything thoroughly, burns a bit, but not nearly as bad as one of Holy's "seertjies") and Milko Balm or Chamois cream.

Sounds bad I know, but I was told to do this by a doctor. Did it before and during 2008 Epic. I went through all the corrugations and rough terrain of that particular year (966km) without as much as the thought of a saddlesore - on a hardtail!!!!!

Thanks bontie, will have a think about it. The problem is living in the Western Cape and smelling like meths the whole time will get you locked up with the rest of the bergies..

Use surgical spirits spirits. Crap, shower, surgical spirits, ass lube of choice. Dont walk around in your chamois after your ride. If you cant shower, have a loose pair of baggies handy and hang loose for a while while you enjoy your post race frosty.

Look no further than Stinger Cream

So how about a product sponsorship for the poorest team in the Epic? We'll write you a lekker review and publish it here on the hub?

Not sure how you can be pleading poverty with an Epic entry but anyways pop me a PM with your details and I'll see what I can put together.

Not sure how you can be pleading poverty with an Epic entry but anyways pop me a PM with your details and I'll see what I can put together.

I was going to ask the same questionLOL

best stuff is fissim paste (baby bum cream). it's nice and thick and your bum will be grateful for it (as long as you aren't too hairy back there)

just be careful if putting it on at night in the dark - it's very easy to confuse the tube with a tube of toothpaste. (no more comment)

I was going to ask the same questionLOL

Fair question, one I often ask myself.. My entire year's bursary paid out in March, and a buddy got an early bird entry so I thought bugger it, I'll figure it out later.. It's been fine so far, thanks to Mr Bornman, and AJ's mix (which reminds me... Knersis...). But now I hear all these gospel stories about massages and bibs hand made by buxom virgins high up in the alps equipment and what not..   <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Related question: Doing Sani2C next week. What would be a better buy? Fizik Gobi or Assos? Can only afford one of the two at the moment? Is it wise to buy a new saddle before a race or are they like shoes in the way it has to be "worn in"?

Related question: Doing Sani2C next week. What would be a better buy? Fizik Gobi or Assos? Can only afford one of the two at the moment? Is it wise to buy a new saddle before a race or are they like shoes in the way it has to be "worn in"?

Mmmm, Gobi would be a better buy over the long run IMO, but the Assos might be less dicy to try new on a stage race. Buy the Gobi and try it out this weekend, I think it is an awesome piece of kit.

Different saddles contact at slightly different points, so I wouldn't advise getting a new saddle at this point. You're better off sticking with what your g@t is used to and getting good shorts.

I would recommend a pair of white assos bib shortsWink