New Kona Web Store

konaruss

Hello All,

Just wanted to inform you of another way to get hold of Kona product in South Africa.

Kona have set up a direct store with export prices for the SA market.

www.konastore.co.za

More product is being added all the time so keep checking back and happy shopping!

konaruss2010-03-16 08:16:59

Yes your right.

Take our price and then add SA vat (14%) and if it is a bike then 15% customs duty.

The shipping is fixed at 160 euros and this is via UPS 3 day delivery.

The bike will be 95% built, you just need to turn the bars, put the pedals on, adjust the seatpost to the correct height, set the suspension and you will be ready to ride.

Warranty and Backup will be dealt with directly to Kona Europe via email, phone or skype and we will sort out any problems.

ooph 160 euros is damn steep. hope that's only for the bikes in a very snazzy bike box, and no clothing and individual items.

We looked at various ways of shipping and of course sea freight is alot cheaper but also takes alot longer (3/4 weeks, compared to 3 days with UPS) and also cannot be tracked as well as UPS shipping.

UPS also will do all the import details for you so will deliver right to your door, where as sea freight you have to collect from the port and import yourself.

If you have a shipping company you use then you can arrange your own collection from our warehouse in Holland if you like, but I am not sure you will find much cheaper.

If you are ordering clothing/accessories at the same time we can put them into the bike box so you will not have any extra shipping charges.

Compared to the prices on amazon.de it seems very cheap! Nice! If you're buying a bike that's already been discounted by 1000EU with extra 160EU shipping, it's not bad at all.

Russ, any idea what shipping would be to Munich, Germany?

Yes prices are very good, but that is due to these items coming direct from our bonded warehouse so no EU VAT or Duties and hence this means we can only ship to South Africa.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick note to let you all know that there is half price shipping on any 2009 Kona Bike over 940 euros from the web store www.konastore.co.za until April 5th. 

konaruss2010-03-16 08:15:17

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Cool I read on the site frames are free so you just pay 14% vat am I right im keen on getting a Kona Shonky 2009 - Frame  ?150.00 let me know please cheers.

Hi Troops,

Yes frames are duty free, so only 14% VAT will be charged by UPS when they deliver.

Russ

Any local Kona dealers in SA? Who can service these bikes? (stock suspension spares etc)