My Ride Yesterday!!

Wonder Woman

7:15 I'm out the door, as I decend down our hill to meet the group this ice wind grabs me in it's claws and has it's way with me. I reach the bunch feeling like a plucked chicken that has just been stuffed in the freezer.

7:30 The bunch departs at a regular pace, I'm happily sitting in chatting to a few people, moaning about my ears falling off from frostbiteConfused Past the lido the river has a layer of mist over it, beautiful site just to make one appreciate God's creation then it hits me, Walkerville Hill. We haven't even reached the steep part yet and my heart is in my throat, my lungs are running behind me trying to catch up and I'm seeing stars. Suddenly a hand is behind me and I'm being pushed to catch up to the front guys...angels do exist afterall!!! Big%20smileMy lungs however are now even further behind and I get dropped 100m from the top again. The legs are jelly but I catch a wheel in front of me and we're off to catch the bunch, phew I made it, can I now go home...No I've only done 15km. Dead

My lungs finally catch up just in time for the next hill only to be left behind again. I can do it, I can make it, just keep going!!!

Wow I made it and now it's a nice long flattish downhill. The heart finally returns to where it belongs and the lungs get to settle back in. Oh boy, here's the next little bump and the legs are turning from jelly to lead. ShockedThe fire in my legs isn't going away and the lungs are just hanging on. You can do, just keep pushing, I'm in the bunch again. Another flat section and I survive to the Circus where half the bunch turns off and I get a nice cruise home only to fall into a warm bath to soothe those weary muscles.

So 80kms later to realise you only averaged 29km/h. That's what it's like trying to get back into shapeConfused

Wow, it's tough coming back to this sport but it really is great being back on the bike. Embarrassed

Hope to see some of you hubbers soon on the road.

Hey WW, seen you and two guys dressed in white kit turning right into Bellairs Drive from Kliprivier around 10am.

You still looked 'fresh'.

WW, I have to concur with shaunh!! On the ride in Midrand you were chattering away, no problem.  So you are much stronger than you think!!!

Not necessarily!!!!

Women can chatter even when they are totally wasted!!!

They have a special backup reserve energy source (fueled by chocolate) to sustain chattering even in the most severe cases of fatigueWink

Not necessarily!!!!

They have a special backup reserve energy source (fueled by chocolate) to sustain chattering even in the most severe cases of fatigueWink

Sooo true Cruxie!!!LOLLOL

Maar hey...dis boring as dit stil is in 'n bunchWink

ahhh...i love being a girlBig%20smileEmbarrassed

Not necessarily!!!!

Crux ou maat, you are going to get it, even though EVERY word is TRUE!!!!

Cruxie...Angry

....and I hadn't even had any chocolateApprove

Yip, did still have some reserve but a few of those hills OMG!!!Dead 

It just shows how soft I have gotten from not ridingLOL

OK, I also decided to try some sensationalism, guess I'm not very good at it, better leave it up to Jason...Thumbs%20Up

OK' date=' I also decided to try some sensationalism, guess I'm not very good at it, better leave it up to Jason...Thumbs%20Up

[/quote']

ClapClapClap It's just about all that he's really good at!!!