Short, Sharp & Shattering

Need training advice..

Being fortunate enough to live near Valley of a Thousand Hills (part of the Shova route) are surround by hills, hills and more hills..LOL

My question is this:  I dont have a problem with the long climbs, i.e. up Inchanga is about 3km long, i get into a rhythm and maintain this and feel ok.  However, its the short steep climbs that knock me back (or almost in the verge - everytime...)  some are not even more than say 500 metres but they feel like an eternity!

What is the answer? What is the best way to tackle these without feeling like death once at the top (i know that obviously fitness is a huge factor and am working on that).  Are there any training techniques that I can apply to make me "stronger" on these or is this just my fate and will always struggle up the short, sharp and shattering little *@!% along that route?  Cry

thanks!

hills, hills and more hills, you surrounded by hills, i know we are brilliant people :), just remember" one hill @ a time "1hill@aTime2007-06-25 05:48:27

10 x 500m hill repeats at max heart rate. (Make sure it is steep for all 500m)

Alternate small blade and big blade, Sitting and standing.

One at a time.

hills' date=' hills and more hills, you surrounded by hills, i know we are brilliant people :), just remember" one hill @ a time "[/quote']

how could I forget FF???!!Wink

it does seem though that i am the only one that has this problem.... will have to figure it out myself i presume....

well done on yesterdays ride!Big%20smile

10 x 500m hill repeats at max heart rate. (Make sure it is steep for all 500m)

Alternate small blade and big blade' date=' Sitting and standing.

One at a time.[/quote']

did not see this.  thanks.. gonna try it for sure.

bobbie thanx alot 1st time ridding licenced is a bugger, but what hurts...gains.

and had fun, and congrats on your time as well...sorry bout the highjack.