11-23 or 11-25

Heavyweight

Hi there,

I want to get a 11-25 cluster, I reckon the 11 is good for he flats and fast downhills, and that the 25 is great for the hills... Is the solid hopefulness, because I dont want to buy a 11-23 and a 12-25? I am afraid that the ratios wont suit my cadence...?Confused

What do you think?

Seriously, an 11-25 will just be fine.  You're not going to notice the difference, except when you hit the hills.  Small, small difference really

diffs is minimal

most climbs with the 11 -25 you wont even use the 25, but its good to know its there if needed

11-23 will be just fine unless you doing something like Jock or TDF

This is assuming you use a standard crank and not compact

I agree, 11-25 is a good choice, I ride with them. Most of the time you will be riding in a pack so cadence won't be an issue there, in breakaways the 11T definitely helps you keep that high speed on decents adn the 25 tooth helps reduce long term fatigue from heavy climbs and helps with keeping with bunch on the really steep stuff.

Thanks... ja  - we heavier guys need all the help we can get!

I see totalcycling has some good prices on record cassettes

Do you get a 11-25 ?

I've had an 11-25, currently have a SRAM 11-26 on my trainnig wheels and have just got an 11-27 for some serious climbs in the Ardennes.

You even get an 11-28!

ja us heavyweights need the 11 for downhill and 25 for uphill

I use an 11-25 now, but a 26 would be better for me, but I need the 11 for the chase down the other side... LOL

Do you get a 11-25 ?

I've had an 11-25, currently have a SRAM 11-26 on my trainnig wheels and have just got an 11-27 for some serious climbs in the Ardennes.

You even get an 11-28!
[/quote']

I also have the SRAM 11-26.

What should be used at the jock?

I used a 12 - 27 for the Jock and it was great, especially towards the end of some of those climbs.

Guest colonel
11-26 on my trainnig wheels and have just got an 11-27 for some serious climbs in the Ardennes.

You even get an 11-28!

Thats just cheating fair and square.

Do you get a 11-25 ?

<!-- bmi_SafeAddOnload(bmi_load' date='"bmi_orig_img",1);//-->

You even get an 11-28!
[/quote']

yeah, but you're missing a couple of ratios in the middle? I'd rather have a 11-21 11speed.

there aren't any hills in SA that you cant climb in small blade/21

but after a 100km ride you get a hill and you lank tired you do appreciate having a 27 on the back =)