Tyres for Epic

Guest coenie

What is the general feeling of this tyre combination

Front Maxxis Monorail, 2.1 UST

Back Maxxis Crosmark, 2.1 UST

Any comments?

I am running that combo at the moment and I am extremely happy with it. Having said that I have no idea what terrain you will be riding over in the Epic.

I ride mainly in hot dusty rocky conditions.

Not doing the Epic but since I will ride in similar areas I'm always interested in whats been used.

Got Crossmarks but will also give this combo a try. (Crossmark in the front sucks at Oak in the rain - eina)

spot on.

go and buy it before its sold out.

Picking it this afternoon....not going to say where so you lot can not jump the Queue

Smile

Popeye, would you still say UST also can one try the normal foldable ones?

for the monorail?

coenie2010-02-19 06:55:13

Not doing the Epic but since I will ride in similar areas I'm always interested in whats been used.

Got Crossmarks but will also give this combo a try. (Crossmark in the front sucks at Oak in the rain - eina)

I know what you mean by eina....been there got the t-shirt (mud shirt)

I know what you mean by eina....been there got the t-shirt (mud shirt)

LOL

I've just sent a request for a quote on the folding tyres to a local co (I suspect they order from CRC). Got folding (non LUST) currently and its too close to the Argus to try ghetto.

nope, UST.

When you are on day 6, almost mentally stuffed , you dont want to sit fixing punctures.

Go UST and have piece of mind.

Not me or you will really feel the weight difference.

Oh, come back and tell us. Passed Monday I post that I got it at R320 (excl vat) per UST from Chris Jr. So beat that price if you can.

check this: https://www.bikehub.co.za/forum_posts.asp?TID=76814&KW=320

.popeye2010-02-19 07:06:07

No1 want to swap a brand new non-UST folding Crossmark for a Monorail? Just seemed like an appropriate place to try my luck... want to try the combo, but sitting with 2 new crossmarks at the moment and don't ride enough to warrant keeping spares.

No1 want to swap a brand new non-UST folding Crossmark for a Monorail? Just seemed like an appropriate place to try my luck... want to try the combo' date=' but sitting with 2 new crossmarks at the moment and don't ride enough to warrant keeping spares.[/quote']

Do you ride with theoutriders? If so PM me and I might be able to get you in touch with someone

nope' date=' UST.

When you are on day 6, almost mentally stuffed , you dont want to sit fixing punctures.

Go UST and have piece of mind.

Not me or you will really feel the weight difference.

Oh, come back and tell us. Passed Monday I post that I got it at R320 (excl vat) per UST from Chris Jr. So beat that price if you can.

check this: https://www.bikehub.co.za/forum_posts.asp?TID=76814&KW=320

.[/quote']

UST it is then...Smile

No1 want to swap a brand new non-UST folding Crossmark for a Monorail? Just seemed like an appropriate place to try my luck... want to try the combo' date=' but sitting with 2 new crossmarks at the moment and don't ride enough to warrant keeping spares.[/quote']
Do you ride with theoutriders? If so PM me and I might be able to get you in touch with someone

Unfortunately not... MTB very seldomly so just ride by myself, but please let me know if you know of anyone who might be interested in a swap... Don't really want to take the knock of buying another new tyre if I can avoid it!