Road Crank on MTB

dirtyjoe

I want to know if it's possible to fit a triple blade road crank set on a MTB and use it with an existing MTB front deralier.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Is there anyone out there who tried it before or might know if it could work?

Also looked at fitting a 46 big blade but, will the shifting still be smooth and how much of a difference will it really make?

I want to do the Argus on my MTB and try gaining more speed on the tar.

Big%20smile

One way to 'up the gearing' - or at least not have the reduction in gearing - is to fit a custom set of wheels with a 700C rim or a set of 29er wheels (assuming you are on Disc Brakes)

You would just need to chack if they fit your frame and fork - mostly they do.

This would not work with 'Rim Brakes' obviously!

This was my solution - then you have the gearing and wheels for 'off road' and the wheels (with slightly higher gearing) for on road.

Can be done. Need to change to a longer chain and raise the derailer. I also had to change to a wider bb. Used a 52T gear( if I remember correctly )

El Mag2010-02-23 14:44:10

Can be done. Need to change to a longer chain and raise the derailer. I also had to change to a wider bb. Used a 52T gear.

Agreed I did this a long time ago, but you will have to reposition the FD and set it up.

But why I ask??