• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Night Ride on Tuesday, 2 October 2007

Start will be at 18h45 sharp

from Dabulamanzi Canoe Clubhouse. Cnr Louw Geldenhuys Dr. and Olifants Rd @

Emmarentia Dam. Pg80 in the Map Studio Witwatersrand street guide (12th Ed).

A Carguard has been arranged. All riders are asked to contribute to the carguard payment.

You are also encouraged to tip him as his fee is not excessive and he stands out

there in the cold, waiting for us to return.

What to bring:

MTB

Lights

Helmet (no helmet no ride)

Ride Snacks

& Juice

The route will take in the Alberts Farm, Braamfontein Spruit and Delta Park. Distance of approx 25k's

There will be a Sweeper and everyone is welcome.

Damn, I need more excitement in my life. These rides have become the hilite or is that nightlight of each month.

• 1 month later...

It's that time of the month again.......

Night Ride on Tuesday, 6 November 2007

Start will be at 18h45 sharp
from Dabulamanzi Canoe Clubhouse. Cnr Louw Geldenhuys Dr. and Olifants Rd @
Emmarentia Dam. Pg80 in the Map Studio Witwatersrand street guide (12th Ed).

A Carguard has been arranged. All riders are asked to contribute to the carguard payment.
You are also encouraged to tip him as his fee is not excessive and he stands out
there in the cold, waiting for us to return.

What to bring:
MTB
Lights
Helmet (no helmet no ride)
Ride Snacks
& Juice

The route will take in the Alberts Farm, Braamfontein Spruit and Delta Park. Distance of approx 25k's

There will be a Sweeper and everyone is welcome.

Nice of all of you to pitch up last night, rain, thunder & lightning  scare you off ?  Woosies Wink

We did start late due to the rain but once it had stopped the weather cleared up.

8 riders and 7 bikes (yes, a tandem), although one rider did think that Doppio Zero was the better option.

Had a couple of punctures but we arrived safely back slightly dirtier. LOL

Nice of all of you to pitch up last night' date=' rain, thunder & lightning  scare you off ?  Woosies Wink

We did start late due to the rain but once it had stopped the weather cleared up.

8 riders and 7 bikes (yes, a tandem), although one rider did think that Doppio Zero was the better option.

Had a couple of punctures but we arrived safely back slightly dirtier. LOL

[/quote']

Erm, had I seen this thread yesterday I would've been there like a duck to water! Embarrassed

Erm' date=' had I seen this thread yesterday I would've been there like a duck to water! Embarrassed
[/quote']

1st Tuesday of every month. I always bump the topic a couple of days beforehand.

The Thug2007-11-07 01:03:51

• 3 weeks later...

OK all, almost time for another Night Ride.

When: Tuesday 4th Dec

Where: Mugg & Bean, 4th Avenue, Parkhurst

Time: 18:45

What to bring:

MTB

Lights

Helmet

Ching for coffee afterwards

Note the New Start Venue !!

We had 14 riders last night leaving from M & B last night.

We got half-way to Alberts Farm when gail-force winds appeared from nowhere. Not bothered by having to ride at strange angles to keep upright, our intrepid night-riders continued their forward march where nearer to Alberts Farm, the heavens suddenly let loose a deluge of water.

Unperturbed and soaked to the skin, onwards and upwards we cycled to the top of the Farm. The heavens had by this stage had turned single tracks into raging torrents of water which we all sailed down at speeds far in excess of what should have been considered as normal.

Full of mud and soaked to the bone in traditional Dark n Dirty style we made our way back to the M & B, where towels were dished out by the staff and steaming mugs of coffee / hot chocolate were consumed.

If you weren't there, you missed out on a thoroughly enjoyable ride.

I wanted to go, and this time baby ewep was sorted, BUT, the BB still has a buckled wheel!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

1st Tuesday of every month. I always bump the topic a couple of days beforehand.

Hey Thug. I take it that it will be the 2nd Tuesday of the month this time...?

Wink