stone removal

Tumbleweed

what do you do in the event of severe road rash? it seems there are some small stones imbedded in some roasties. i really don't want to go to hospital for one of those - been there, done that - procedures as they tend to want to keep you in overnight. so how do you get them out?

throw spirits onto it and set on fire. This will disinfect the wound and keep the stones embedded to give to street credit.LOL

Sorry Holy, can't help you there. Good luck

Holy, I think you need to go to rehab!!

Fallers rehab!!! smiley36.gif

Shyte dude, I hope you are ok and don't forget you owe me some paperwork!

Guest Agteros
what do you do in the event of severe road rash? it seems there are some small stones imbedded in some roasties. i really don't want to go to hospital for one of those - been there' date=' done that - procedures as they tend to want to keep you in overnight. so how do you get them out?[/quote']

Piece of cloth

Dettol / Savlon

Nail brush

Use each item for the following:

Cry Nail brush is to brush the area clean

Thumbs%20Up Dettol / Savlon for disinfection prior / during / afterwards

Ouch Cloth? Something to bite on whilst you are scrubbing away

HRH ..... ou perd het jy alweer neergeblixem..... I think you should take up knitting , or join the local bowls club.... NO!!!!!!! on second thoughts you should NOT do that..... rather stick to knitting, we do not want you to corrupt the older peoples.

Jeepers, I know the feeling. The stones are well cemented in to the hard scab. So trying to dislodge the stones means painfully lifting scab which isn't ready to come off yet. Ouch!

What to do: Generally nothing. Heres my vague recollection of what I can remember from biology and my experience from several encounters with mother earth: The epidermis has 4 or 5 layers. The outer layer is constantly replaced by the deeper layers. So it will gradually push forward and eject the debris. If deeper it will have to be extracted with a tweezer. Your MD will do this. No need for hospitalization.

Infection is a different matter that would require some form of medication.HeartCoppi2010-02-21 03:42:33

Guest Agteros
HRH ..... ou perd het jy alweer neergeblixem..... I think you should take up knitting ' date=' or join the local bowls club.... NO!!!!!!! on second thoughts you should NOT do that..... rather stick to knitting, we do not want you to corrupt the older peoples.[/quote']

The old people are corrupt already LOLWink http://news.iafrica.com/quirky/2234540.htm

Savlon as much as you can to disinfect and clean as best you can.

Get some opsite dressing (shave as much as you can around the wound so your hair does not get stuck to it)

Leave opsite on for 3 - 4 days.

Opsite will cause the plasma leaking from the wound to form a barrier and speed up skin growth - after the plasma is absorbed back into skin, remove and see if you need to put aother one on.

Came off last week - went opsite way on arm and various other ways on leg. Arm is almost 100% today - new skin and everything.

Just make sure you disinfect as best you can to help kill the bad guys. If it becomes more sore under the opsite, open and disinfect again.

The fact that there are foreign things is not a critical prob, infection is the big thing - mate of my wife was in bad vehicle accident and months afterwards pieces of glass would still pop out of her forehead - your body will expell those fine objects, you must just help it fight infection.

Another plan is ask your pharmacist Wink
Wernervdmerwe2010-02-21 04:54:52

Oh yeah - the opsite will also disolve the scab, so when you clean it again (maybe first time after a day or two) the embedded grit will be in the plasma as the roasty is dissolved - facilitating cleansing.

I was incredibly impressed with the product  Wink
Wernervdmerwe2010-02-21 04:57:16

HRH ..... ou perd het jy alweer neergeblixem..... I think you should take up knitting ' date=' or join the local bowls club.... NO!!!!!!! on second thoughts you should NOT do that..... rather stick to knitting, we do not want you to corrupt the older peoples.[/quote']

The old people are corrupt already LOLWink http://news.iafrica.com/quirky/2234540.htm

Good one Os!

HR-let i come to the surface and then get it out with a tweezer.

Savlon as much as you can to disinfect and clean as best you can.

?

Get some opsite dressing (shave as much as you can around the wound so your hair does not get stuck to it)

Leave opsite on for 3 - 4 days.

?

Opsite will cause the plasma leaking from the wound to form a barrier and speed up skin growth - after the plasma is absorbed back into skin' date=' remove and see if you need to put aother one on.

?

Came off last week - went opsite way on arm and various other ways on leg. Arm is almost 100% today - new skin and everything.

?

Just make sure you disinfect as best you can to help kill the bad guys. If it becomes more sore under the opsite, open and disinfect again.

?

The fact that there are foreign things is not a critical prob, infection is the big thing - mate of?my wife?was in bad vehicle accident and months afterwards pieces of glass would still pop out of her forehead - your body will expell those fine objects, you must just help it fight infection.

?

Another plan is ask your pharmacist Wink
[/quote']

shot, sounds like a great product. am using a jellonet patch under an island dressing at the moment. helped me through this morning's ride smiley1.gif

Holy,  I suggest a power balance band!  With you I would suggest one for each arm!!!

...oh, and take a brush, grin and bear it and scrub it out under the shower (the stones I mean).

Holy' date='  I suggest a power balance band!  With you I would suggest one for each arm!!!

...oh, and take a brush, grin and bear it and scrub it out under the shower (the stones I mean).
[/quote']

Naaah. I reckon a few worn like those East African women round their necks.

Wire brush mate. Stop being a sissy.Big%20smile

best thing is to remove them with a tweezer as soon as possible after the fall. The fall itself tends to deaden the skin making it less sensitive to pain (discovered this after I chestplanted into a log breaking ribs and sternum, but had a lot of wooden bits stuck in my chest, some as long as 4mm). But this semi anesthetized state wont last long. From time till incident, till removal of the last of the visible pieces worth removing, took about hour and a half, 2 hours. Then the feeling started coming back, and with it, the pain, just in time for a nice shower. Sissytime. ?

The ones that were too deep, i just disinfected the area every so often, and let the skin grow over. A few weeks later, the body started pushing them out resulting in a few pimples, but the remaining bits came out with no infections whilst in the skin. For all i know. very small pieces are still there. Some got hair on teh chest, i got some wood smiley17.gif

Capricorn2010-02-21 14:40:18