Cervelo "project California"

Christie

Check this out, some video on cervelo's website and article on cyclingnews.com:

New frame that weighs around 700 grams (first proto was 648 grams) with Higher BB and front triangle stiffness than the current R3 Cool

Sounds like it will be in limited production only, like the R2.5 Byonne. Price will be arounf $9600 per frameset Shocked

http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com/2010/02/21/2/screen_shot_4_600.jpg

Sheesh. Amazing where technology is taking us. Three of those frames weigh about the same as my steel steed.

I really think the UCI should review the current weight limit of 6.8 kg. The average joe can quite easily build a sub 6.8kg bike with off the shelf components and a cheap noname carbon frame from Taiwan.

I would think that this exercise by Cervelo is more about manufacturing processes than about building the lightest frame in the world considering lighter weight is a fruitless exercise.

I really think the UCI should review the current weight limit of 6.8 kg. The average joe can quite easily build a sub 6.8kg bike with off the shelf components and a cheap noname carbon frame from Taiwan.

nobody is stopping "average joe" from building a sub 6kg bike. It's only the pros that need to adhere to this law.