Indurain "NO" great

Oldschool

Got the email from Cycletour to win a bikerack

saw this bit

"Dear OldSchool
By now you must have heard that cycling great, Lance Armstrong, will participate in Cycle Tour. He joins the likes of Greg LeMond, Eddie Merxx, Jan Ulrich and Matt Damon who have participated in previous years, and it is amazing to know that South Africa's greatest race is enjoying increased international attention.

If you have entered the 2010 Cycle Tour, you should have received your start group and time by now.  If you haven't, "

Well the great Indurain and 5 times TDF winner has made Argus trip on many times in the last few years, pity that 5 wins is no longer good enough to be remembered.

I have to give away my signed Banesto Yellow jersey now

He joins the likes of Greg LeMond' date=' Eddie Merxx, Jan Ulrich and Matt Damon

Ha Ha. Spot the odd one out[/quote']

Merxx - never heard of him smiley5.gif

Indurain in my books is one the greatest. What a difference compared to Armstrong. Big Mig was as humble as they came and never compared himself to the greats that came before him.

They (the Phill and Paul Show) always said the man had lungs like floatation tanks. But the pirate had a nice smooth bald head. And that made him more aerodynamic.

My name says it all ......................

I rode with him a few years ago, and although his english wasn't the greatest he was a real gentleman and could not have been more accomodating, even dropping off my wheel as we crested the hill from 12 Apostles to LLundudno and allowing me the honour of going over the top first.

He had nothing to proveClap

maybe you did'nt smell so good?  So thats why he kinda just eased off the gas.. or maybe you increased the gas?  Only not in yer legs..Pinch

maybe you did'nt smell so good?  So thats why he kinda just eased off the gas.. or maybe you increased the gas?  Only not in yer legs..Pinch

Nope, he fell back - I had been on his wheel up the hill- patted me on the arse and said "you go".

I thought that was the mark of a humble champion. Neither of us had any doubt as to who was the strongest rider.