power to weight ratio

Harry Potter

Can some of you clever peeps please explian power to weight ratio. and is their a diffrance in having a bike of 6.5kg's or having a bike of 8kg's and just diet 3kg's and keep your 8kg bike?

No difference.

But bragging rights, that's the thing!

That and the satisfaction of having a bike similar to a pro's bike.

You've got weight and you put our power. I would say that is a 1:1 ratio.

Luckily it's home time. I'll get my coat.

No difference.

But bragging rights' date=' that's the thing!

That and the satisfaction of having a bike similar to a pro's bike.[/quote']

I wish, I dont even have a bike anymore, had to sell it. But feels nice to pick up a bike of 6.5 kg's

Having a bike like a pro...and still sucking someone else's dust!!!

The bike you ride, doesn't scare me!

I like to look more scary than my bike - a lean mean cycling machine!

For the time being it is a 1:1 ratio but if you then lose 3kg's on the 8 kg bike you would have a 6kg swing.

So it is cheaper to lose 3kg's than having a R30 000 bike, for the same advantage?

6.9 Kg if I am not mistaken is the legal weight. Yes it would probably be cheaper to lose 3kg's and keep the 8kg bike. However as stated psychologically you would still have a bit left in the bank to play with. It is far easier to ride a 7kg bike than an 8kg bike and you can only lose so much weight before you have to start spending money.

The way to really look at it is Are you ever going to win a race? Are you ever going to make a living from riding a bike?

If no and no then I wouldn't hassle to much with the bike weight issue. Save your money and rather buy beer.

Legal weight is 6.9kg.

But who cares?

For us weekend warriors (and if you are not earning your living from riding a bike that definitely includes you, dear reader), nobody is likely to weigh our bike anytime soon.

For pro riders their body fat is often so low that they are border line unhealthy, and there just is not any more body fat that can safely be shed. At that point, weight loss really is about the bike.

(Edited to correct minimum bike weight.)bikemonster2010-02-22 09:19:30

Wat is the legal weight?

So stay with the 8kg bike and train my ass off?

last time i checked it was 6.8kg

No difference.

I get my satisfaction from saying I thrashed that oak on the 6.5kg bike with my 20kg bikeSmile

No difference.

I get my satisfaction from saying I thrashed that oak on the 6.5kg bike with my 20kg bikeSmile

I like that!!!

Ok then It is settled. if your not a pro, who will win some races, the 6,5Kg bike is only for bragging, and that will only last so long! And the last thing I want to bie is a weight weene.

No difference.

true, most guys is see with the light bikes doesn't know how to ride and it makes a good laught to kick up dust in his face with my 11kg bike.Big%20smile

At the end of the day we all a bunch a rookies anyway?

Buy the lightest that you can afford, and that makes sense given the amount of riding you do. Shimano 105 is the same as Dura Ace, just abit heavier.

Case closed.