Training

The Saint

Yesterday we raced. How many of you are out training today. Should we be training or resting? If you are doing a session is it an intense one or just very light?

That's my problem, I plan on an easy one and it ends up balls to the wall.

Ok well I am going to go training now cause it fells like the right thing to do - much like NOT paying my TV license.

Guest Agteros

Today should be a light ride according to most literature, except if yesterday was not a proper race, but part of a training program (Not a 100% all out max effort thing). Then today should continue with normal training, but then yesterday would qualify as the LSD day, so today should be either cross training, or light training

That is the way I understand it, but then I never follow any rhyme or rhythm with my training (I seldomly train on 2 consecutive days )

Just got back. Yesterday was red lining all the way so I found today even if I tried to push it the legs were just not cooperating.

Guest Agteros

mostly as in feet up (complete rest), however there is a place for some 'active recovery', meaning a VERY LOW avg HR during the exercise. Light exercise today, and then tomorrow (or when the body allows it) pick up the pace / intensity again

Yes I agree' date=' but resting as in taking a slow ride or resting as in putting your feet up?[/quote']

Both, recovery rides are great to flush out the system and get any built up lactic acid out of the muscle cells from a mad day in the saddle the day before, but one day a week you should rest...do nothing, then your body gets a opertunity to make all the necessary adaptions to make you stronger.

Yesterday we raced. How many of you are out training today. Should we be training or resting? If you are doing a session is it an intense one or just very light?

So long as you do 16 hours a week, do what you want to!Big%20smile