Rule nr. 1 : Do not celebrate to early.

The Pirate

?scar Freire (Rabobank) proved the potency of his sprint finish as he snatched victory at the second stage of the Ruta del Sol in C?rdoba on Monday.

The former three-time World Champion avoided a crash in sight of the finish line to take his second win of the 2010 season. He also won the second race of the Challenge Ciclista a Mallorca earlier in the month.

Robert Wagner (Skil-Shimano) thought he'd won the stage but began celebrating too early and Freire won it with a perfectly timed throw at the line. World Madison Champion and recent Copenhagen six-day winner Alex Rasmussen (Saxo Bank) was third in an impressive result for the Danish track star.

Mark Cavendish (HTC-Columbia) was fourth in his first race of the 2010 season.

Hasn't mr. Freire done this before a number time ?

Hasn't mr. Freire done this before a number time ?

Yip, one in particular was over a certain Mr Zabel at a little known race - Milan Sanremo Wink

"But mom...I've always wanted to do that. The other guys always look so cool when they cross the line at the finish with their hand in the air!"

swak move... if someone is celebrating you should ease off and let them have it... poor etiquette?LOL

Igzackerly!

PPA H bunch listen up: In the Bay City ride on Sunday, I will be starting my celebratory moves in the first 500 metres or so. Manners, people, manners!

nobody likes pictures of someone burying their head into their stem... come on people.... we need time to zip up the top and decide on which celebration to use... one hand...finger up, two hands... hands over face... looking up to the sky....

There is just not enough time!!

Heres the pic... that's gotta hurt!

?

20100223_032718_Zabel_Freire_MS.jpg

That's the one I was thinking about ChunkyMunky. That must be one of the worst/most embarrassing moments in pro cycling smiley36.gif smiley36.gif But I know he has done it a number of times ( aanhouer wen )

you race till the end if the other guy is arrogant enough to think he has it before the line then well done to the other guy on not giving up even though its the last one meter....

lesson learnt=dont celebrate till you over the line...race ends over the white line!!!