warning polar hrm stolen

butafly

sent my polar hrm and strap to polar service centre for a battery change and service. this was the 2nd time i would send it away and confirmed with polar that speed services - counter to counter - via the post office is the prefered way of sending the parcel. 

the hrm never arrived.

i have the P.O investigating but have made peace with myself that its been stolen.

has anyone else had this experience? 

I've had some electronic stuff posted by my brother in the UK with a value of around R1.6k disappear.

I'm currently waiting for some other electronic stuff posted from the States, been two weeks already........

what irritates me the most is that polar sc recommends this mode of delivery. the 1st time i used the counter to counter services there wasn't a problem. i know it sounds naive but to me counter to counter sounds as if there is no human intervention in the process, so how can the item be "stolen" (i should of known better). can't wait for the outcome of the "investigation".

Did you insure the parcel?  Whenever i use the P.O, i always take out insurance.  You pay a little more, but at least you are covered.

Why not just get a trusted watchmaker to change the battery?

I know Polar "recommend" that they be allowed to do everything all the time, but once I've paid for the sucker it's mine. Chest strap and sensor batteries I change myself, and a watchmaker gets the gig of replacing HRM batteries when needed.

what irritates me the most is that polar sc recommends this mode of delivery. the 1st time i used the counter to counter services there wasn't a problem. i know it sounds naive but to me counter to counter sounds as if there is no human intervention in the process' date=' so how can the item be "stolen" (i should of known better). can't wait for the outcome of the "investigation".[/quote']

Dead Unfortunately there is always some form of human interaction with your parcel. As mentioned above, if it has a significant value : insure it.

I just go word from Sportman's Warehouse that my speed sensor is back from Polar and that handling fee is R50. If I send it in myself it would have been more.

I know Polar "recommend" that they be allowed to do everything all the time' date=' but once I've paid for the sucker it's mine. Chest strap and sensor batteries I change myself, and a watchmaker gets the gig of replacing HRM batteries when needed.[/quote']

How do you replace the chest strap batteries, I thought it was a sealed unit - or am I missing something. What strap are you using?

Guest Agteros

I know Polar "recommend" that they be allowed to do everything all the time' date=' but once I've paid for the sucker it's mine. Chest strap and sensor batteries I change myself, and a watchmaker gets the gig of replacing HRM batteries when needed.[/quote']

How do you replace the chest strap batteries, I thought it was a sealed unit - or am I missing something. What strap are you using?

On the newer Wearlink material strap you can change the batteries yourself