Rude cyclists

zoonie

Thank you first and all to everyone that made the Dischem ride an absolute pleasure to ride ..ok almost !!

Why do the pro's think they can be rude to us non pro's ?? I'm still new and maybe still getting into the swing off things but HELL I almost lost it !! would have loved to give one rider a piece of my mind and ask her HOW would she feel if I yelled at her to move up !!! I moved up all right off the road!! luckily for me I ride a mountain bike the guy infront of me not so lucky PUNCTURE!!!

Come on guys remember you also started at the bottom!! and yes you are PRO's but please remember our little guys also!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

smiley36.gif They not rude that is normal roadie behaviour !!! Screaming and shoutting at each other and anybody else around is part of the game . Another reason I gave the road bike away . But then again it is very strange for them to shout at somebody on a MTB , they are normally very nervious when we are around and try to slip past unnoticed .

Guest Agteros

Thank you first and all to everyone that made the Dischem ride an absolute pleasure to ride ..ok almost !!

Why do the pro's think they can be rude to us non pro's ?? I'm still new and maybe still getting into the swing off things but HELL I almost lost it !! would have loved to give one rider a piece of my mind and ask her HOW would she feel if I yelled at her to move up !!! I moved up all right off the road!! luckily for me I ride a mountain bike the guy infront of me not so lucky PUNCTURE!!!

Come on guys remember you also started at the bottom!! and yes you are PRO's but please remember our little guys also!!

Something wrong with THOSE roadies... Normal roadies shout "HOLD YOUR LINE!" smiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gif

More seriously: not cool behaviour by them at all (as long as the road was not blocked by people cycling next to each other) 

Long & short cource meeting up perhaps?)

The problem with your post is by referring to this girl and others as "pro's". We don't have any pro riders in this country - "wannabe's" maybe. You'll have to look overseas to find pro's.Smile

Smile

Enjoy your cycling and it's not necessary " to get into the swing of things"  - style and good manners are more important Wink

?

The problem with your post is by referring to this girl and others as "pro's". We don't have any pro riders in this country - "wannabe's" maybe. You'll have to look overseas to find pro's.SmileSmileEnjoy your cycling and it's not necessary " to get into the swing of things"? - style and good manners are more importantWink

Amen brother!

Nope she did not shout that at all!!! and yes I did hold my line at least!!LOL

and it was on a straight!! and cyclist are suppose to like each other heheLOL

Guest Agteros

I agreee completely, but unfortunately competitive cycling by nature is a very selfish thing, and competitive cyclists endure/tolerate each other only for the mutal benefit. Otherwise you get yelled off the line/road... smiley6.gif

As I have posted on previous threads - these mutha's are NOT what cycling is about. Not even to the manufacturers.

How many bikes will they sell to the cream of SA cycling? 100? 400?

How many bikes do they sell to us, the unwashed masses? A shed load more. We might not be buying R100k + bikes, but we do make that up with sheer volume.

If it was not for the "also rans", there would be no sport.

If you are that good, then I applaud your talent, dedication to training and so forth. Does that make you a better sportsman?

There IS a difference between a person who does sport and a sportsman (gender generic term).

I regularly ride both mountain bike and road events. Any bad experiences I have had are vastly outnumbered by the great ones - good people trying to keep fit and have fun at the same time, whether on or off road. It is true that there are some arrogant and selfish people out there, but the rest are really cool to ride with / against. In my view the best way to deal with the inconsiderate minority is simply to ignore them.

I saw it in the fast one mtb race last yr.

It was a two lap race, and the lady who was coming third came past me, and then started screaming and swearing at the back marker who we were aproaching. The person was CLEARLY new and nervous on a bike.

I have never been so angry. when I went past the back marker a waited til there was a space I could get past with out making her nervous and said thank you as I did. No need for behaviour like that! The worst part was that after the race I went to look at the possitions and she was about 15 minutes off second place. So she didnt have even a little bit of hope of catching up

Normally this chaos happens, when the short and long distance riders join the same road.  There are also car's/truck's behind us that are trying to past us.  And lets not forget the final water point was about 50 metres after all the cyclists join the same tar.

My suggestion would be as follows:  For the final 10 - 15km stretch, there should be complete road closure.  Have the road divided in two; one for the short distance and one for the long distance.

I was riding in the B bunch, and I witnessed all this chaos going on and was almost a victim.  I decided to let the front B group go. No reason to have an accident, still pushed hard and finished under a minute from the B group winning time. 

They are ?? Confused

They are ?? Confused

Sorry. I can't afford to move to Utopia or Nirvana.

I understand you feeling a bit miffed. And I am not sure of the exact

circumstances of this incident. I do however believe that if someone comes into my workplace and hindered me from earning my income I would most probably get upset and scream as well. Rember you can only lose a couple of minutes which means you have more time having fun. They are busy doing their Jobs. It gets even wors for them should they take a fall.

probably get upset and scream as well.

I'm sorry, but in my work environment I don't scream and shout at people if they hinder my productivity. Everyone is human and deserve to be treated accordingly. Screaming (instead of asking politely) at the person will definitely not improve your performance.

Hogwash, if someone screams at me on the road I will give them a piece of my mind. Big time!