a bike and clothes for his brothers?

Tumbleweed

this pic made me sad and happy?Smile

20100224_005348_Ethiopian.jpg

Abayneh Adefris?gets a farewell kiss at Sea-Tac Airport in Seattle?from Traci Grant, of Mill Creek, Wash., his foster mother for much of his stay. He returned to Ethiopia with a prosthetic arm, after losing both of his in a train accident, and 142 pounds of bags that included a bicycle.

read the story here?

holy roller2010-02-24 00:55:56

this pic made me sad and happy?Smile

20100224_005348_Ethiopian.jpg

Abayneh Adefris?gets a farewell kiss at Sea-Tac Airport in Seattle?from Traci Grant' date=' of Mill Creek, Wash., his foster mother for much of his stay. He returned to Ethiopia with a prosthetic arm, after losing both of his in a train accident, and 142 pounds of bags that included a bicycle.

read the story here?

[/quote']I'd also be in tears having to leave the USA to return to Ethiopia. He's gonna need that bicycle!!!

It awesome to see situations like this...... There is still kind out there

Maybe I'm just being cynical this morning but I'm not sure that this is kind at all. They've exposed this kid to a lifestyle that he will now constantly yearn for but is very unlikely to have any chance of attaining ... unless of course, he becomes a pirate.

The goodies in his baggage will hardly make it through the airport at Mogadishu, if at all. His bike will last about 6 months and who will service & repair his prosthesis?

Sure the individuals involved were probably trying to do good but the money and efforts would have probably been better spent towards (raising) funding for a USAID run clinic in his home town.

But then again these Americans are just evil bastards looking to take over the world and the clinic would have been bombed by Al Queada or some warlord loonies within weeks. Remember "Black Hawk down"?

Windbreaker2010-02-24 01:35:28

Is this like a reverse Madona or Jolie thing?

HR, I'll back you on the milk of human kindness thing. The self life is really short in a lot of people.

Windbraker I guess u meant Addis? Isnt he going back to Ethiopia? .. well doesnt matter will be the same problem ...