Licencing - ROAG membership

driewiel

Question: Paid the licensing fee in the first week of January. Listed ROAG as club after much effort. How long do we wait for our membership? In 2009 it took a mere 7 months (received my card in June 2009). Are we going the same route. I hear rumours that ROAG members have to pay an additional amount? Is this true? I realise that communication has never been CSA's or MyRace's stong suit, but this is just ridiculous. Why insist on licences (I have no problem if the system works), but then those entrusted with organising it can barely "organise a piss-up in a brewery". Every year I think, this year it will go better, and every year (this is the fourth year of licensing) they disappoint.....Angry Should be use to it by now.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont worry my club is still waiting as well...

I think we should all tell any licence people to F off we not paying...

Same goes with our cars we should all ripoff our numberplates as we not getting service delivery with our roads.

Question: Paid the licensing fee in the first week of January. Listed ROAG as club after much effort. How long do we wait for our membership? In 2009 it took a mere 7 months (received my card in June 2009). Are we going the same route. I hear rumours that ROAG members have to pay an additional amount?

To date not one single person in our club has received their license. Keep using your 2009 card untill you get your renewal-that's all.

Roag sent out a newsletter two weeks ago, saying it'll cost you R75 for your cyclosport lic. No extra fees.

3 Wiel - I had exactly the same scenario. Email Jade James (jade@roag.co.za) to help you. The reason why it's taking so long is that your app is probably awaiting Provincial (CGC) approval.

I'm also in the same position and have just sent off an email to CSA's support desk.

I suppose I can live in hope and get an answer within a couple of months.

OK, MyRace has confirmed payment and has confirmed that my card will be printed in the next batch. Lets seeClap

I'm still waiting for my 2009 licence. Ended up getting a letter from CSA that I used instead of the card.

+1 Also still waiting for 2009 licence.

"next batch" hehehe - I got that same message 2months back, only got the the Card last week, but then again, my club was not listed and I had to re-apply ect, so then after that I had to wait 3weeks again.

I'm still waiting for my 2009 licence. Ended up getting a letter from CSA that I used instead of the card.

+1 Also still waiting for 2009 licence.

+2 Also still waiting for 2009 licence.

why you want to set me off again? why why why?

Seems that gauteng cycling want another r75 for affiliation. I say NO to affiliation! f*%K this for a game of cowboys - im off to another thread. smiley36.gif

Yip, On pressing MyRace, they confirm that CGC want additional affiliation fee from ROAG members. WHY, was this not mentioned earlier, en hoekom moet jy hulle g@t lek om uit te vind daarvan.

So in a nutshell. ROAG is free, no membership fee, BUT Central Gauteng Cycling, in their all overpowering, typically GOD like demeanour, has decided that affiliation comes at a price, so free goes out the window, and the CGC fatcats smile happily once more. Full disclosure would be nice.