Quick Argus question

azikara

Sorry for the dumb question, first time Argus rider here and I'm a bit of a heavy drinker...on the bike ;)

I definitely cannot finish the race with just two water bottles. Are fluids readily available? I know there are refreshment stations but do you have to get off your bike or can you just wizz through and grab a bottle?

Thanks

No wizzing through and grabbing a bottle I'm afraid. Maybe a cup of water/Powerade or a sachet of water. But if you need a bottle you are going to have to stop and have yours filled up. Confused

camel pack?

Dude...smoking is really not good for you!! Especially whilst cycling...Big%20smile

me, i will be making use of my "hydration pack".....filled with good old H 2 O...

If its your first Argus then you will probably be stopping anyway.  Hydration packs are fine if you're on a MTB but not so cool if you're on a Road Bike.

If its your first Argus then you will probably be stopping anyway.? Hydration packs are fine. if you're on a MTB but not so cool if you're on a Road Bike.

There.

Fixed it for you, no need to thank.

pack one bottle of water and toss it with a nonchalant euro-pro attitude as you coast down the other side of hospital bend and as you celebrate not being sucked into any crashes turn left at as the road splits.  As the rest of the"racing pack" heads out for Simon's Town and the South Easter you can now free wheel down into the bohemian suburb of Obs, where you will be encouraged to top up with bottle after bottle, whilst riding, standing, sitting or laying prone on the ground.  They are niether strict nor fussy. 

If its your first Argus then you will probably be stopping anyway.? Hydration packs are fine if you're on a MTB but not so cool if you're on a Road Bike.

gmf.

LOL. If it's your first Argus you need to stop to enjoy the race, no need to grab and go dude. If you are riding for a catagory win, yes then pull a TDF but dude you need to enjoy the ride and with that comes stopping at least twice, once to drink at simons town and the second at the top of cape point, or at the water point just over the top of chappies. ENJOY!!!!!! Tachymeter2010-02-26 01:40:51