Straight bars on S-Works Stumpjumper

Chain-L

I want to setup my stumpjumper FSR with a more racy feel to it (have been riding a HT up to now).

Will there be any reason why I can not put a straight bar on a XC Trail bike? how can I further rig the bike to have more of a XC race feel?

YOu can put straight bars on it. Then you are even allowed to put bar ends on. smiley4.gif

More racy you say. Then you will need lighter wheels, thinner tyres with less tread and a hard as nails saddle.

Straight bars are lekker. Have them on both of my XC bikes. Quite narrow as well (580). But be aware! The jump from 640 to 580 might not seem much, but you loose a quite a bit of leverage in that 60mm's.

Just check your stem! You might have to go for over sized flat bar, cause of your current setup. And then you'll get a cramped cock pit on your handlebars due to the tapering of the bar and all your stuff like shifters, lock out shifter, brakes, grips and bar ends. All these component have the same diameter.

So in short! If you want racing feel - flat bar it is. If you want narrow bars then go std bar not over sized.