runners vs cyclists

idrive

This morning I discovered just how selfish runners are ... even worse than roadies!!

At around 6:00am I was riding in Evildale and a bunch of pedestrians (well, they were running) came stampeding towards me but they were filling the whole side of the road (my left).

Stupidly I expected them to slot into single (or double file) and allow me to continue. There were a few cars coming in the opposite direction so I could not go onto the wrong side of the road.

Anyway, I elected to stop as this was the safest option, but said pedestrians took exception to this and accused me of spoiling their training. "Whats $*&^#@ wrong with you there's plenty of room!" shouted the sweaty one with reflective bands all over him.

All I ask is that they also consider cyclists .... I will not put myself at risk because of some arrogant pricks who think they own suburbia at that time of morning.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This morning I discovered just how selfish runners are ... even worse than roadies!!

I think the more correct phrase would be 'how selfish South Africans are'.

Everyone does it. Our chosen mode of transport has no real influence on the size of our self-importance.

Maybe the same little darlings that circle Bedfordview most mornings.

You can have some fun goading the tubby plodders, they can't catch you and dont have the breath for comeback, even if something clever did occur to them.

I find shouting "morning joggers" upsets a few who believe they are running.

Otherwise Live and Let Live, that's my motto.

Big%20smile

Laughing and pointing at the Teletubbies on their expensive crappy Italian bicycles, is fun sport for most "joggers" !!!

Partaking in both sports, my vote for arrogant" I own the road" Knobheads ..... goes to the cyclist.

Wait a minute....I like the comment above on South Africans in general.....fookin Saffers !

I find the female version of this species to be quite good looking where we ride, so I dont mind them, actually look forward to meeting them every morningSmile

Oh heavens! If its not roadies against mtb'ers, then its cyclists against runners! I'm a roadie, and a mtb'er and a runner ... what on earth am I to do? Kalm, bokkie!

Become a duathlete and problem solved!!!! Smile You get to meet the good looking girls on both teams and you will be less bothered by the runners. Besides, pedestrains always take preference on the road, cyclists 2nd and then other vehicles.

Runners.. the w@nkers that run on the wrong side of the road and expect you, the cyclist to swerve out and avoid them. None of those arrogant pricks have ever hopped onto the sidewalk to avoid me, its so easy, but their brain capacity doesn't allow for this.

"Morning joggers".. LOL

What do they say "life is too short to practise only one sport". Cyclists overall are very arrogant, must say the runners are always friendly too me, maybe its all about attitude.

Become a duathlete and problem solved!!!! Smile You get to meet the good looking girls on both teams and you will be less bothered by the runners. Besides' date=' pedestrains always take preference on the road, cyclists 2nd and then other vehicles.[/quote']

If you take on the Triathlon you also see the Bokkies take the kit offWink

I live in both worlds of Asics running shoes & Sidi road cycling shoes.

Not all runners are rude or care-less.

Not all roadies are arrogant and self-absorbed.

Generalisations... Let's tread carefully.   smiley2.gif

Laughing and pointing at the Teletubbies on their expensive crappy Italian bicycles' date=' is fun sport for most "joggers" !!!
[/quote']

How d'you know I got an Italian bike?

Geez, that bloody TinkyWinky can't keep her trap shut.

I look forward to our Tuesday morning rides through Bedfordview, some nice eye candy on show.

Guest Agteros
I look forward to our Tuesday morning rides through Bedfordview' date=' some nice eye candy on show.[/quote']

At least you can still look around and appreciate the scenery... When I join you guys for a once in a blue moon ride, my eyes bleed and I can hardly see my front wheel Ouch

Runners.. the w@nkers that run on the wrong side of the road and expect you' date=' the cyclist to swerve out and avoid them. None of those arrogant pricks have ever hopped onto the sidewalk to avoid me, its so easy, but their brain capacity doesn't allow for this.

"Morning joggers".. LOL

[/quote']

I have heard similar comments made about roadiesLOL