MTBiking in the Eastrand

Prawn

Hey Hubbers

Im from the Eastrand and looking for any groups that are riding in the Area.

I know around the Airport there are some tracks.

Im keen to join a group - let me know!!

Pm me when you want to go for a ride I will go show you the track arou nd the Airport if you havent ridden there yet.

You can also contact Finish Line Cycles, they ride on Wednesday afternoons and Sat and Sun.

Thanks Kritzie! I have ridden the track around the Airport but none of my mates cycle so im looking for a group that i can ride with.

So where are these guys - Finish line Cycles?

Finish Line is in Glen Marais shopping center, Edenvale there's Edenglen peddlers and if you in the Boksburg area Sunward Slipstreamers have started rides and there's also another group that ride from Park Rand. scotty2010-02-24 14:57:12

Thanks Scotty - but it looks to me that Sunward slipstreamers are roadies - im looking for a MTB Group - Please correct me if im wrong.

Yup, they are mostly a road club but this club is growing at a rapid rate and are including MTB'ing now as well.  

ATTENTION ALL MOUNTAIN BIKERS :

If there is anyone interested in forming a mountain biking group within the club - and if there are any experts that can assist us in getting started, i.e. different routes to ride etc.?  Please contact Dee Williams on 082..883..4094 or email -  dee{at }tidyfiles.coza

scotty2010-02-25 04:30:56

Hey Scotty - you biscuit !! Glad to see you advertising the " Slipstreamers" MTB wing . Also remember that " Winston" from St Sports in Boksburg has a open invite to all who "MTB". He has brilliant routes to his farm & around !

Just remember all ! We roadies at "Slipstreamers" are under cover "Mud Lovers" !! We have the utmost respect for "MTB king" !!

By the way ; check out some roadie pics on www.slipstreamers.weebly.com  & The "Shirts are ready for collection"

Edenglen Cycling club have MTB section we ride mainly Sizwe, huddle Park, Linksfield ridge, Airport, modderfontein, Sebenza etc - send me ur email i'll add you to the weekly email that goes out advising what we are going to ride. And no you don't have to join our club - we are a free association club just pich up and ride - cost you nothing; nudda; zilch

This sunday JHB MTB Club are doing a ride in Sizwe - huddle Park - Galoolies farm over linksfield ridge we normally support them and u pay 20 bucks to ride with them. leaving Grand Slam parking lot 7:00 am for 7:30 am on 28th.

Hey Scotty - you biscuit !! Glad to see you advertising the " Slipstreamers" MTB wing . Also remember that " Winston" from St Sports in Boksburg has a open invite to all who "MTB". He has brilliant routes to his farm & around !

Just remember all ! We roadies at "Slipstreamers" are under cover "Mud Lovers" !! We have the utmost respect for "MTB king" !!

By the way ; check out some roadie pics on www.slipstreamers.weebly.com  & The "Shirts are ready for collection"

You have a good set up catering for all abilities, if i was not already commited to a club i would join.