1. 1. Which event or combination of events did you do at knysna or intend to

• The 50km MTB Only
    • The 85km MTB only
    • The 50km road only
    • The 100km road only
    • the 85km MTB and 100km road
    • 50km Mtb and 100km road
    • 50km mtb and 50km road

I wanted to enter the Knysna 50km mtb(R170) and 100km(R180) road like last year which comes to R350 + R35(admin fee- for what?) =R385.

The 85km mtb and 100km road = R270+27= R297( giving R100 discount for combo)

The 5okm mtb  and 50km road= R220+ 20= R220(giving R50 dicount combo)

Now i am really feeling ripped off?

I emailed them here is their response:

Hi Feizal,<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Unfortunately the discounts are only as on the entry form, if you do the 50km and the 46km or the 85km and the 100km. I realise this seems rather illogical but this is the way it has been decided to allot discounts. very sorry for the inconvenience. Perhaps you could try the 85km MTB..

Kind Regards

Gemma

orbeaorca2010-02-24 16:12:52

R180 for the road race is not bad, but if you greedy and want to do both it does become expensive.

Dont do races for the goodie bags, but it must be siad last year was pathetic. I got a bag full of pamflets!

I think they should be consistent and offer discount for doing any combo of the longer events.

I honestly think more people do the 50km mtb& 100km road than the 85km mtb&100km road.

I honestly think more people do the 50km mtb& 100km road than the 85km mtb&100km road.

Its probably for that exact reason that they are giving discounts if you do both the long routes, that way they encourage more people to do them both.

Previously I did the 50km mtb and 100km road, but then cycling back towards Knysna on the road into a strong head wind, I saw all the guys going to Harkerville or coming back from doing Harkerville and they all had HUGE smiles on their faces.  Now I just go and do the MTB and then ride Harkerville the next day, much more fun.  This year I'm attempting the 85km mtb for the first time.

I did the 85km mtb the featherbed trailrun and the Xterra full last year. that worked out rather eeekspensive..

I?honestly think more people do the 50km mtb& 100km road than the 85km mtb&100km road.

?

?

Its probably for that exact reason that they are giving discounts if you do both the long routes' date=' that way they encourage more people to do them both.[/quote']

Now listen here Ratty, this is the Hub.

Logic has no place here, please desist and cease forthwith and at once!

R180 for the road race is not bad' date=' but if you greedy and want to do both it does become expensive.

Dont do races for the goodie bags, but it must be siad last year was pathetic. I got a bag full of pamflets! [/quote']

Yah, it was my 1st Knysna Race too.

The goodie bag was uncool. Lots of paper and nothing else! Narra!   smiley18.gif

The event is also in the middle of the World Cup. Accommodation prices will be increased to fleece the soccer fans who want to travel along the coast.