Tyre wear or...

AndreZA

...manufacturer fault.

This is my Conti Speed King rear tyre. It's the Protection version and I run it with tubes. It has not seen alot of milage and not even proper trails yet. The knobbies in the pics seem to be hollow and if you lift it up you can see the carcass. It's only on this section that it is happening.

20100225_070756_tyre.jpg

20100225_070714_tyre2.jpg

Send it back and then stop skidding those tyres .

Even if I did skid smiley9.gif the knobbies surely should not be hollow?

Looks like you.ve ridden over a stone thats caused the hollows, seen it on my Mountain kings, I doubt very much that Conti will warranty those tyres with that amount of wear...

Looks dodge to me, take them in and offer to pay only for the trad used. IE get a 70% or so discount on a new set. It looks like the liquid rubber never filled the mold properly.

I spoke to Conti and they send the pics to Germany. They would like a sample to see why it happened and offered me 20% discount on a Race King.

yup my kendas did exactly the same but i have more wear on them than you do on the conti's. No skidding done. I also found that the knobblies start pulling apart IE: starts disintegrating & small chunks litterally break off the knobblies. I found this to happen especially when going down steep hills on gravel road ( not even rough terrain ), just plain gravel road at high speed ( between 45 & 55 km/h )

strange

Anyhow ive never bothered getting in touch with Kenda & consiquently bought myself race kings. Im chuffed to high heaven with them & it brought the weight off considerably