Slipping Grips

BrendonMyb

So i dont want to change my grips cause i really like what i have but they are slipping. I have bought lockon grips but i like what i have now soooo....

Here are some of the concoktions ( spelling ) that ive checked on the web so far.

1.Hairspray

2.Running the grip under hot water for 30 sec's & then sliding them on & leaving. Apparently they will contract onto the bars & not move - Im not so sure about that but anyway

3.spray on adhesive - have no idea where to get this though ?

4.boiling some rice until very sticky - then mashinto a paste & put inside the grip & leave it to dry

5.Energy gel

Have any of you tried this ?, & what works best ?

Have same problem - love my grips but would likethem to stay where they are and not rotate like a stripper on a pole (not that I know bout that at all..). Will be watching the clever hubbers' advice to you closely!

I've only tried Windolene and it works on ESI grips.

BTW, the spray adhesive is available from art shops.

Spray adhesive you can get from art shops like herbert evens or im sure a hardware store.

Some of the other options sound tastey. At least if you leave your bars at home you can lick yr grips.Wink

Or you can just buy lock on grips that you actually like... there so many out there

Tag/Renthal grip glue for that "I have to cut the grip off when done" stick. not recomended for carbon bars. Sets in 15 seconds unlike normal super glue and is the only thing that really works on MX bikes.

spray paint, petrol, thinners, standard super glue may melt the grip depending on the type of material / rubber they are made from.

If you use contact glue the grip can be removed by sliding a small flat screwdriver in the end and lifting the grip from the bar. the the grips can be re used.
TNOSE_E2010-02-26 02:21:34

well then it sounds like i must pop into a art shop tomorrow.

Does anyone have a name perhaps of contact glue that works well ?

?

Genkem makes one but 3M is better but very expensive. Don't get Fixative, it is not glue. When you spray it on the bars and you've slipped the grips on, squeeze the grips to make proper contact.

Genkem makes one but 3M is better but very expensive. Don't get Fixative' date=' it is not glue. When you spray it on the bars and you've slipped the grips on, squeeze the grips to make proper contact.[/quote']

the genkem one - Is that the type of adhesive that has a yellowish color to it ?

the genkem one - Is that the type of adhesive that has a yellowish color to it ?

Normally those big cans of contact glue are yellow. The colour of the spray will look white.

Hairspray has always been the simplest and best solution for me, and the grips are a lot easier to take off afterwards as well. Just need hot soapy water and a plastic shim.