Argus Timing

XC Cruiser

Im riding in G group this year.  Anybody know what sort of time the majority of G normally does (excluding the year of the wind)?  I started in OF last year (at the back and on a MTB) and did 5h40min.  Keen for a Sub 4.  ANyone else riding G let me know your ETA.

what time can i expect in the E group' date=' is a sub3 possible? [/quote']

Nice weather and clever riding, yes!

Im riding in G group this year.  Anybody know what sort of time the majority of G normally does (excluding the year of the wind)?  I started in OF last year (at the back and on a MTB) and did 5h40min.  Keen for a Sub 4.  ANyone else riding G let me know your ETA.

If you are starting from G - I would be surprised if you do NOT do a sub 4h. On the other hand, if you are starting in GG, than a sub 4h would be a good time. Wink

Im riding in G group this year.? Anybody know what sort of time the majority of G normally does (excluding the year of the wind)?? I started in OF last year (at the back and on a MTB) and did 5h40min.? Keen for a Sub 4.? ANyone else riding G let me know your ETA.

I'm in G. See you there X C Cruiser!

My tactic is to stay near the front of my group for as long as possible.

smiley2.gif

Be cool until past Chappies.

smiley4.gif

Then go for the break.

smiley17.gif

And, of course, finish in sprinting style laaik the Cavenater.

smiley32.gif

May the finish be 3h15 or way less.

In 2008 Argus, the last group to have people doing sub 3's was Group I. Obviously since Boyes Drive was introduced this will change but if you're in a group closer to the front, you have a good chance. I think the groups have also been made smaller.niklasvm2010-02-27 00:39:02

Yeah, well I'm riding outta H and aiming for 3:15. I think that's a realistic goal. Obv time is weather dependant. Otherwise attempt to get a top 5 or 10 in your group. The time will take care of itself.

If you are starting from G - I would be surprised if you do NOT do a sub 4h. On the other hand' date=' if you are starting in GG, than a sub 4h would be a good time. Wink
[/quote']

No Its definatley G.  I did a 2h57min Burger, 3h25min Tour de Stellenbosch and a 3h30min 99ner.   So a hopefully a sub 4 is on the cards.

Im riding in G group this year.? Anybody know what sort of time the majority of G normally does (excluding the year of the wind)?? I started in OF last year (at the back and on a MTB) and did 5h40min.? Keen for a Sub 4.? ANyone else riding G let me know your ETA.

?

If you are starting from G - I would be surprised if you do NOT do a sub 4h. On the other hand' date=' if you are starting in GG, than a sub 4h would be a good time. Wink
[/quote']No Its definatley G.? I did a 2h57min Burger, 3h25min Tour de Stellenbosch and a 3h30min 99ner.?? So a hopefully a sub 4 is on the cards.

Damn, X C Cruiser!   smiley2.gif

Me 2:58 Burger. You 2:57.

Me 3:23 Medallion. You 3.25.

Me 3:33 99er. You 3:30.

That is some close stats!

smiley32.gif

Damn, X C Cruiser!   smiley2.gif

Me 2:58 Burger. You 2:57.

Me 3:23 Medallion. You 3.25.

Me 3:33 99er. You 3:30.

That is some close stats!

smiley32.gif

Yeah they are close.   Why aren't you doing the Wellington ride today?  What was your start group for the 99er?

[started in H in 99er.

Training on the Argus Route tomorrow. Legs up today.]

Back to the thread...

We are both G for Argus.

With good external (weather, no technical trouble) and internal conditions (rested legs and mind, good nutrition, clever tactics) G can crack 3h15.

smiley2.gif

Wow, those are close stats! You guys should team up and race together during the Argus - jump from bunch to bunch.

Good Luck!

PeterM2010-02-28 05:05:55