Fountains Ride Direction

River Rat

I am noobie to MTBiking so please take my comments with this in mind. On a training ride yesterday morning at Fountains I tackled the route sticking as best as I could to the directions of of the arrows on the sign posts.

Those of you that have riden the track will know that a some stage the route narrows significantly and some sections has vegetation that is as high as an elephants eye. It was on this section that I was confronted with a group cycling in the opposite direction. Fortunately there was no collisions in fact not even a near miss at that. But it struck me that there could have been an accident.Ouch

Is there any protocol in terms of sticking to the directions as suggested by the arrows on the sign posts or is a free for all acceptable?Confused 

Those signs are there for a reason !!! We almost had a big crash a few weeks ago on that route and a few well selected words was thrown around .

Man, that's dangerous! Have seen the same thing at Fountains.

I wouldn't call it protocol as much as common sense that you always stick to the arrows!

Those signs are there for a reason !!! We almost had a big crash a few weeks ago on that route and a few well selected words was were thrown around .

WTF have I got my own grammer checker now ?

So I guess a few comments (provided that the grammar is correct) at my fellow riders would not be out of place!LOL

Those signs are there for a reason !!! We almost had a big crash a few weeks ago on that route and a few well selected words was were was thrown around .

Ive fixed it - sorry for the disrespect as none was intended.

BTW after monday and tuesday even the calender says WTF

smiley36.gif relax .

Ok must be the Psychopath in me. 

psychopaths as "intraspecies predators[3][4] who use charisma' date=' manipulation, intimidation, and violence[5'][6][7] to control others and to satisfy their own needs. Lacking in conscience and empathy, they take what they want and do as they please, violating social norms and expectations without guilt or remorse".[8] "What is missing, in other words, are the very qualities that allow a human being to live in social harmony."[9]

And I couldnt understand why all the direction boards were blank with arrows on the other side...Wink

was a guy saturday in groenies going wrong-way-around, encountered him more than once - some of those singletracks are fast - i was on my own so didn't throw words around smiley5.gif