Camel Back recommendation for MTB

Johnno

Hi Guys,

Would you recommend a Camel Back mule for MTB'ing or what would be the best option to go with?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave the Camel back at the shop.

Get a double bottle system, or third on the seat post. I have one, and hate it, it keeps you too warm, and you loose mobility. Just my 2c.

some guys will say the bigger it is, the more junk you will carry with you...

I've got a 2l one which holds everything you should need for a 3-5 hour ride.

But what are you using it for? 2 hour rides or epic/Sani2c stage 2 type stuff?

waaaaaayyyyyyy too big

Ive got the 2litre blue wave vigour & works like the bomb for me. Just enough space to carry spare tube,tyre levers,chain breaker since ive given all my sram quick links away to others,Multitool, pump, housekeys & some extra tom incase theres a stop over at a coffee shop & thats pretty much it

Got myself a Hydrapak Streamline from Chris Willemse 3 weeks ago. Has a 2L capacity and keeps everything ice-cold. Plenty of storage space too.

Best R299 I ever spent!

I have a LOBO and could not ask for a better one-size-fits-all pack. As bumpNgrind says, you can pack all those things in and I even fit a First Ascent Stratos jacket in mine in case the weather turns or after the weather has come and gone. Also depends on what is too big for you - MULE is too big for my needs.

You do get hot under them but it's not unbearable in my opinion. You could carry bottles but on more than one occasion I've had to decant water to mates who had run out of water on longer than expect or harder than expected rides.

I've been looking at the options and it is between the LOBO and the X-Trail. The Mule is a bit too big for my needs, it is however a stunning pack.

Mule too big for normal use - have a Lobo and it is brilliant!

+1 on the Lobo. Just perfect to carry the my and my missus's tools, tubeless repair and what nots.

Take a look at the Dakin, Karrimor and Northface hydration packs as well... Just as good and generally a fair bit cheaper.