X-ZAKT Wheelstop MTB, tripple compound V-Brake pad

Christopher Brunsdon

X-ZAKT Wheelstop MTB, tripple compound V-Brake pads

R75.00 from CWC

Bought a set/pair from CWC on Saturday, thought what the hell its only R75, I'm broke, and I need new pads for the upcoming Argus MT. My XT pads are worn to the metal LOL

With pay day 3 weeks to go, these should do fine till I get my Swisstops from Williams.

So I fitted the rear set this evening on my commute home. No problems not that there should be any when fitting and setting but they did feel a bit bulkier than the XTs.

Anyway, so I hit the the road and as I leave the office I give a tight squeeze to make sure they work ... and trust me they did. Heard the sound of rubber being removed off my tire and I was happy.

On my way home I hit a couple of downhills, one in particular is a steep descent (granny gear ascent) with a hair-pin turn @ 40km. Rear brakes where perfect and felt better than the XTs when they still had life.

Still no convinced I decided to go down Irene at 60km and see how they perform ... wow is all I can say. The rear wheel has more stopping power than the front (XT pads with still some life on them)!

Will fit the fronts tomorrow morning and seriously doubt I will spend money on the more expensive pads (XT; Swisstop; etc). I've had BBB triple compounds before but these are equally good.

• 1 month later...

Cool - where did you buy them?

Embarrassed - oh - CWC... right.

Anyone sell these closer to Paarl / Stellenbosch?
RodTi2010-04-29 08:39:22